Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Big Lie of Voter Fraud, and who is committing it.

by Ziks511 / August 2, 2012 10:12 PM PDT

"Florida's former Republican Party chairman Jim Greer, who, scorned by his party and in deep legal trouble, blew the lid off what he claims was a systemic effort to suppress the black vote. In a 630-page deposition recorded over two days in late May, Greer, who is on trial for corruption charges, unloaded a litany of charges against the "whack-a-do, right-wing crazies" in his party, including the effort to suppress the black vote.

"In the deposition, released to the press yesterday, Greer mentioned a December 2009 meeting with party officials. "I was upset because the political consultants and staff were talking about voter suppression and keeping blacks from voting," he said, according to the Tampa Bay Times. He also said party officials discussed how "minority outreach programs were not fit for the Republican Party," according to the AP."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40348413

Or how about Iowa.
"Edward True, 28, of Moulton, said he helped count the votes and jotted the results down on a piece of paper to post to his Facebook page. He said when he checked to make sure the Republican Party of Iowa got the count right, he said he was shocked to find they hadn't.

"When Mitt Romney won Iowa by eight votes and I've got a 20-vote discrepancy here, that right there says Rick Santorum won Iowa," True said. "Not Mitt Romney."

"True said at his 53-person caucus at the Garrett Memorial Library, Romney received two votes. According to the Iowa Republican Party's website, True's precinct cast 22 votes for Romney.

" "This is huge," True said. "It essentially changes who won."

"A spokeswoman with the Iowa Republican Party said True is not a precinct captain and he's not a county chairperson so he has no business talking about election results. She also said the party would not be giving interviews about possible discrepancies until the caucus vote is certified."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/01/06/1052180/-Iowa-GOP-Vote-Fraud-By-the-Iowa-GOP

Or how about all those Dead People voting for Democrats?

"Over 900 'dead people' cast their votes in South Carolina and Iowa GOP Chairman Matt Strawn recently stepped down amidst vote controversy."

http://theintelhub.com/2012/02/05/nevada-clark-county-vote-fraud/

And in hard shelled, compulsively honest, rock-ribbed hills and shores of Maine fraud is not confined to working against the Democratic Party.

"While Chairman of the state's Republican Party, Charlie Webster, was pretending that massive voter fraud was occurring in Maine, he has now, himself committed a massive case of election fraud by announcing the winner of last week's Maine Caucuses as Mitt Romney despite his full knowledge that voters in at least three different counties have been entirely disenfranchised, with their votes not included in his "final" results. Many of those voters haven't even been allowed to cast their votes yet at all.

"Last Saturday Night, the scheduled end of the week long state caucuses, Webster announced before live television cameras with much fanfare: "I'm now gonna announce the winner of the Maine GOP poll. And that winner is Mitt Romney."

"But Webster was lying, and committing a massive act of knowing election fraud in the process as he made his announcement. His deceptive act was simply the latest in a grotesque and growing series of election fraud acts carried out this year by high-level GOP personalities and officials, including confirmed and alleged fraud by several of the party's Presidential contenders...

"Webster announced the supposed results of the 2012 Maine Republican Caucuses before all caucuses had even been held. While the margin between Romney and Paul at that point was reportedly around 3% points, that translates into just 194 votes given the anemic reported turnout this year in Maine. The caucuses in Washington County, previously scheduled to be held last Saturday, were postponed until this coming Saturday, thanks to a predicted snow storm which never came.

"The man who canceled [the caucus there] was a Mitt Romney supporter. ... And the snow storm he predicted didn't happen. Additionally, according to the state GOP's currently reported results [PDF], Kennebec County's town of Waterville shows 0 votes cast at the town's caucus because the clerk failed to call in the results of those votes on time.

"Waldo County's towns are almost all zeroed out as well. The GOP's results document also shows a number of towns in other counties similarly showing 0 votes cast. So all of this amounts to missing votes in at least three of Maine's 16 counties. "

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9123

"Voter fraud is extremely rare. Studies show that fraud occurs an average of 0.00004%-0.0009% of the time, but when voter fraud occurs, it is likely that it is a Republican who will be charged. "

http://www.politicususa.com/republican-voter-fraud.html

"Evidence from the microscopically scrutinized 2004 gubernatorial election in Washington State actually reveals just the opposite: though voter fraud does happen, it happens approximately 0.0009% of the time. The similarly closely-analyzed 2004 election in Ohio revealed a voter fraud rate of 0.00004%."

http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/policy_brief_on_the_truth_about_voter_fraud/

Now Hitler (no comparison intended) said that the mass of voters are feminine, willing to believe what they are told, and are susceptible to a Big Lie. Insisting for Decades on the hugeness and pervasiveness of Democratic Voter Fraud, in the face of statistics like incidences of 0.00004% to 0.0009% is about as big as a lie can get.

And my personal favourite:

"A Pinal County supervisor candidate has withdrawn from the race in the wake of voter-fraud allegations involving a former companion who, records show, has continued to vote by absentee ballot in the five years since her death. John Enright, 66, had been seeking the Republican nomination for county supervisor of District 5, an area that includes Apache Junction and Gold Canyon. He withdrew from the race Wednesday in a letter to Pinal County Elections Director Steve Kizer. His statement made no mention of the scandal unleashed in an anonymous, undated letter sent several weeks ago to the Pinal County Recorder's Office. As recently as this year, the letter alleged, someone had been filling out and mailing in absentee ballots addressed to a woman who died on Feb. 3, 2007. The woman, Sheila Nassar, and Enright lived together at the time of her death.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10021024093

Well, there is no doubt that she was certainly absent, the question was, would she ever return?

So, based on evidence, there is infinitesimal voter fraud, most apparently being perpetrated by Republicans.

Democratic operatives appear to have outgrown that aberration.

Rob

See Toni. that's how it's done. You research your subject, accumulate quotations and news reports from numerous sources, preferably not all Republican connected, along with their links, and post them, with connecting text to help with comprehensibility. That is a thesis with supporting evidence. Do try, it's quite good, but it is necessary that you find an idea which has broad support, not just that sliver that you've been using like Republican Roger Ailes FoxNews, or the Republican Washington Times, or the National Review which is Republican connected, or one of those special little think tanks where the Republican voices of the next generation are coddled and taught and paid very well while learning.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Big Lie of Voter Fraud, and who is committing it.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Big Lie of Voter Fraud, and who is committing it.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And in my former home state of Maryland?
by Ziks511 / August 2, 2012 10:29 PM PDT

The Justice Department, in a study of 1997-2006, determined there were 130 federal public convictions in Maryland; that's about one per month for 10 years. Why fraud is positively rampant. There are guys approaching you on the street offering fake ID's and French Postcards, and have a stack of wristwatches on both wrists and their ankles too.

Rob

Collapse -
The return of Jim Crow and the Poll Tax outlawed about 1964.
by Ziks511 / August 2, 2012 11:11 PM PDT

There is also a 94 year old woman in Penn. who has voted using her dogeared County Voting Card since the 30's, who is less mobile than Viviette Applewhite. She needs to vote at an advanced poll, preferably by absentee ballot because she can't walk the distance, nor stand in line, with everybody else.

Imagine you're nearly 100 years old and you've voted in almost every election since casting a ballot for Franklin Roosevelt in 1936. You're a fully registered voter and your tattered, dog-earned registration card has always allowed you access to your constitutional right to decide which public servants should be your representatives at all levels of government.

http://thedailybanter.com/2012/07/five-million-registered-voters-will-be-hindered-by-voter-id-laws/

"You're 94 years old. You don't drive. And you live more than a dozen miles from the nearest government services office. And now, in your home state of Pennsylvania, Republican leaders (who have admitted to conspiring to disenfranchise Democratic voters) have passed a law mandating that you somehow have to attain a government identification card if you'd like to vote again.

"This is the story of Bea Bookler, 94 years old, of Devon, Pennsylvania who, after all these years, has to somehow find a ride to the nearest DMV, then has to stand in interminably long and potentially confusing lines for hours on end, in order to retain her well-worn right to vote.

" "How would I get there and how would I manage to stand in a line?" says Bookler, who uses a walker. She says she can barely make it to the polling place next door to her retirement community. She also doesn't understand why she has to go to all this trouble in the first place. She already has a voter registration card.
"I have an ID which says I am registered to vote in Chester County. There is no reason why I should need anything else. It's an outrage," she says."

In an unbiased Supreme Court this new version of a poll tax should be thrown out in seconds, Regrettably we do not have an unbiased Supreme Court with Scalia, Thomas, Roberts and Alito all chained together by the left wrist so they can only sign From the Right.

NYU's Brennan Center for Justice released a report yesterday about the impact of Voter ID laws.

"The report said birth certificates can cost between $8 and $25. Marriage licenses, required in some states for married women whose birth certificates include a maiden name, can cost between $8 and $20. "By comparison, the notorious poll tax — outlawed during the civil rights era — cost $10.64 in current dollars," the report states."

"The ACLU and the NAACP are suing to overturn Pennsylvania's voter ID law. Their lead plaintiff: 93-year-old Viviette Applewhite, who marched with Martin Luther King Jr. and has voted regularly since 1960. Viviette never learned to drive; she lost her photo ID when her purse was stolen years ago. She's tried to obtain a new ID, but and sthe state can't find her birth certificate and so won't issue one. Here's hoping Viviette gets to vote this November, with no ID required."

The State can't find her birth certificate? I had to apply for my late Mother's Record of Birth 93 years after her birth at the family home on the Cheshire/Derbyshire border. It arrived in 3 weeks, a nice shiny colour photo copy of the entry in the County record for March 1904, her birth recorded in impeccable Copperplate writing. It measures about 1 and a half inches by about 14 inches. It resembles a tiny fragment of Obama's birth certificate in that you can see the bend in the page where it is bound into the book. Maybe it's a fake too and my Mother was born in Africa. She was however irremediably white.

I cherish that scrap of paper. All I've got for my father is the usual Maryland Birth Certificate, the little typed laminated card, he carried during the second half of his life. It's typed, not beautifully written in a hand that reaches out and lightly strokes my heart. How much we here have lost, and, judging by the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in London, how much they still remember.

Rob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?