Question

The best photo editing software...?

Hello! I would greatly appreciate anyone's feedback!! I am looking for (and willing to purchase) a photo editing software where I can put a picture in black and white and then pick certain things in the picture to be in color. Also, I have the date automatically stamped on my photos by my camera, so i need a software that I can remove the date stamp without having to crop the whole picture around it. Does that make sense? lol I would really really appreciate any help on this! Thanks!!!
~LIZ~

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: The best photo editing software...?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: The best photo editing software...?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
There's a basic issue here.

Today, most pictures do not have things to select. Just pixels. This is why it takes time to create the effect you want.

Photoshop is noted widely as one of the best.
Bob

- Collapse -
about pic editing

adobe photo shop is one of the top editors to picture editing,i am using this from last 5years,i am not facing an problem with it,its user friendly software

- Collapse -
Answer
FastStone Image Viewer is nice.

Try out 'FastStone image viewer'.Get the full,free version here at download.com.
I been using it for years.
FastStone has lotsa croping,converting,resizing,sharpening,and coloring effects you can use on pics.You can make old crappy pics look great,or great looking photos look crappy....combined with mspaint you should be covered.(FastStone has no drawing options)
On timestamps you could pull the photo into mspaint and use the 'colorchooser'..just select an area nearby,then color over the stamp with the pencil' option..OR,for a professional look,make a copy of said pic,and cut out a similar area the size of the stamp,and cover it.All this can be done in mspaint.

- Collapse -
Answer
My Answer is Corel Paint Shop Pro

I chose this program as the best solution for getting a fairly full photo editing program, at a fair price (around $50-$60.) The complete Photoshop is too expensive, PS Elements is limited, but I do like PSP, (I have version X2 - X3 is now out.) I do digital scrapbooking too, and this program works well for that. The only problem I see with it is that info on use, though available, is not as plentiful as with PS.

- Collapse -
Answer
Photoshop Elements

CNET Forums

Forum Info