TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

the best home theater setup

i am looking for the right set up for my home theater i have small room sit about 8 or 9 feet away from tv 50" plasma
the tv wall ( its being wall mounted ) has a opening to the right, to get the right and left speakers apart far away from eachother ( to get a real sourond sound effect) i would have to go with ceiling mounts ( i have 1 year old daughter & cant have towers <<< bumming )
so to cut to the chase here on cnet they seem to be nut hugging on aperion alot and these guys know there stuff only prob is all the bookshelves look like bookshelves and their sub looks like it is side firing im gonna need front firing sub
so went to best buy checked out some stuff and came up with this
1 martin logan dynamo 8" sub
2 definitive front speakers Definitive Technology - Mythos Two Dual 4-1/2" 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker << i like these cause they can mount on wall and they had some kick alot of real enveloping sound
3 definitive promon 1000 rear speakers
4 definitive procenter 1000
5 denon avr 1909
total bill just under 3 grand
i have small room but i want kick *** setup
ive heard bose is just hype real good pr
those front speakers by definitive were bad *** havent found any like them
so my question is this
1 is this good set up for price?
2 is this good quality product ( no reviews on cnet )
3 is aperion better if so why?

thank you for any advice or help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: the best home theater setup
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: the best home theater setup
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.