Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

The Best Anti-Spam ever...For real and For Free.

by ashrafkadry / January 22, 2004 11:17 PM PST

Hi everyone, and a happy new year for everyone, I wish you all new year for of happy and good life.

Before saying anything I would like to inform everyone that this is not an Ad, or an endorsement of any kind, this is just my opinion about one, if not the "one", best anti-spam filter ever made.

This little spam filter is called "spam bayes". This program is located at http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/

This program uses a method of statistical probability called the "bayes",named after a famous statistician called bayes. To cut you all from the scientific jargon, it can simply tell a good message from a spam one by developing some type of "geometric progression", what is a " geometric progression"?

Okay its like when someone says 2,4,6,..what would you say next? eight, because you came to know the "pattern" in which the numbers go, the same goes if i said, 2,4,16,32,.64, and so one just multiply by 2.

What this program does is that it follows how spammers send their messages, not much different from "geometric progression" series above, and then it sifts all the messages you receive and sends them to a folder, which it creates into your mail client like outlook xp or 2000, called "junk mail" folder. The nice thing about this little software that it keeps tells the difference between a good message and bad one instantly, and you'll never be afraid to go thorugh 20 or 30 or even a few hundred messages, and get afraid of losing your important messages.

Okay, what you all have to do when you go to that website, you all will find two version of the program one of then is in a plugin form with .exe extension, don't use that because it doesn't work, and the next version is the same program but in it "raw" form, it means it is divided into smalled components, use this one.

One thing you'll notice after you install the software, is that you email client, let it be outlook 2000 or express, that they take a little time to start. Ignore that it is not a problem.

Just train the program, and use it, and forget about spam. Hey remember this program is free and it beats the crap of any other spam filter out there on the market.

Please post any question, I've been using this program for almost three months now without a single complaint with outlook xp.

Regards to you all

Ashraf Mohammed

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Best Anti-Spam ever...For real and For Free.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Best Anti-Spam ever...For real and For Free.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:The Best Anti-Spam ever...For real and For Free.
by Josh K / January 25, 2004 11:49 PM PST

I read a good review of this program in PC World magazine recently. Thanks for the information!

Collapse -
Spam bully - the best anti-spam ever..
by TinaSt / January 10, 2006 6:23 PM PST

I tried a lot of the other spam programs and none compare to Spam Bully. I love the fact that it integrates with Outlook making it so easy to use. Not to mention...it works better than any of those others. I love it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

BEST LIST

Find the best hybrids on the market!

Hybrid technology can be applied to any type of car, and the best show the most significant fuel economy improvements over a similar gasoline-only car.