Speakeasy forum

General discussion

The Beatles Box Set - I got it!

by Terry Browne / June 22, 2007 7:36 PM PDT
I got this as a gift and although I had most of the records already, it's certainly a great gift!

I like the White album the best... Apart from Revolution No.9 there is no bad tune!

One song that is very underrated (many of them are) is Savoy Truffle. It's an excelletn song! I wonder if Clapton still loves chocolate...

Not to talk about "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill"! What a tune...
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: The Beatles Box Set - I got it!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: The Beatles Box Set - I got it!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I recently heard about Paul McCartney's.....
by Angeline Booher / June 22, 2007 11:39 PM PDT

.... new one. Some old favorites, and some new ones.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Just for fun,
by duckman / June 24, 2007 6:43 AM PDT

why was my spot on critique of two of the worst Beatle songs removed? Another "glitch" in the software? Or someone else's personal bias?

Collapse -
Think it's that MODs can prune
by Steven Haninger / June 24, 2007 7:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Just for fun,

but cannot graft.

Collapse -
(NT) My reply was NOT connected to any others
by duckman / June 24, 2007 8:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
Hey Bulldog....
by Terry Browne / June 25, 2007 3:47 PM PDT

Just listened to Hey Bulldog (Yellow Submarine)and it's really good!

From "The White Album" "Cry, baby Cry" is another beautiful song!

I am sooo glad that I have these CD's!!!!

Collapse -
I didn't even know there was a box set
by Josh K / June 26, 2007 11:20 PM PDT

Shows how much attention I'm paying these days. I disagree about Revolution #9 by the way. If you read any interview with John Lennon in which he explains where he was going with that, and then listen to it, you realize that it works. It's not "music" in the traditional sense but as an experimental piece conveying what the end of the world might sound like, it does work.

Most of my Beatles stuff is on vinyl so it would be nice to be able to listen to more of it in the car...

Collapse -
As art it is great!
by Terry Browne / June 28, 2007 5:58 PM PDT

But to sit down with some friends and listen to, I don't think it is the kind youy would want to put on at the party...

But I agree that it is a very interesting piece of art. I've actually been listening to it a lot since I read your post and have come to the conclusion that it is absolutely great! Especially when you read about it and the different parts of the "song".
The time isn't accurate when I listen to it, but that may be because on a CD the songs don't start and stop at the exact time. Sometimes a song can start with the end of the previous. Especially when it comes to The Beatles. Not to talk about how messed up "Mind Games" is since it has a song that isn't even included ("Nutopian International Anthem" [John Lennon/Yoko Ono] - 0:03 Lennon and Ono's anthem for Nutopia, which is symbolically mute)!!! Hence the sixth song becomes the seventh. Or is it the fifth that becomes the sixth...?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.