General discussion

Thanks for everything Tom!

Buzz Out Loud won't be the same without you. Fortunately we'll all be able to get our acedtect fix @ TWIT. Thanks for keeping the show together through everything its gone through. It would've been easy to put it out to pasture and focus on other things, but you and Jason stuck with it and we're all grateful.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Thanks for everything Tom!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Thanks for everything Tom!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I thought this was a joke...UNTIL

I read this: http://www.tommerritt.com/?p=1473

Wow. I guess now it makes sense that Molly's back fulltime. Can you imagine if they had both went and it was just Jason and the revolving crew of Rafe, Tong, Natalie and Don? No offense to any of them, but that would have been a hard sell to long-time listeners.

Oh well, life is about change.

Tom -- all the best. I know I've given you some jazz about this or that on occasion, but you were easy on the ears and made me think about what MY position on a topic should be, particularly when you would bring up the contrarian or mitigating point of view.

I haven't even listened to TWIT in quite awhile, but I'll check you out there.

Break a leg!

- Collapse -
Thanks for everything Tom!

Yes he will be missed but I will get him on TWIT.

- Collapse -
TYSM Tom.

tysm for 5 awesome years at CNet and all the best at TWiT!! Happy
-Dr. Karl

- Collapse -
Thank you

Thanks a lot Tom, you Molly and the crew got me almost all the way thru undergrad and if you are still on until the beginning of May all of Graduate school. I will miss the almsot natural banter between Molly and yourself.

Keep on trucking,
z1g1

- Collapse -
Angry listner

First of all Leo is long winded I stopped listening to TWIT because of the self congratulatory nature of the show.. I am mad at Tom for leaving my favorite show for a second class option with more money. You built buzz out loud without you it will wither. Damn shame Molly is to much personality not enough substance. Can we start a fund to keep Tom? I like the length intelligence and focus of the show. Why are you going to a large pond to be a small fish? Buzz out loud is recently rising to prominence why jump off now.

- Collapse -
Say what you like about the TWIT show

It's a better run company, that's smaller and more agile. Gets more advertisers.

- Collapse -
(NT) I agree, but there is room for improvement.

CNET Forums

Forum Info