Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Thank you Tide Company

(from my inbox)

Letter to Tide Company

Dear Tide,
I'm writing to say what an excellent product you have! I've used it all through my married life, as my Mom always told me it was the best!

Now that I am in my fifties, I find it even better! In fact, about a month ago, I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to berate me about how clumsy I was, and generally started becoming a pain in the neck.

One thing led to another and somehow I ended up with a lot of his blood on my white blouse. I tried to get the stain out using a bargain detergent, but it just wouldn't come out.

After a quick trip to the supermarket, I purchased a bottle of liquid Tide with bleach alternative, and to my surprise and satisfaction, all of the stains came out!

In fact, the stains came out so well the Detectives who came by yesterday told me that the DNA tests on my blouse were negative and then my attorney called and said that I would no longer be considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband. What a relief!

Going through menopause is bad enough without being a murder suspect!

I thank you, once again, for having such a great product.

Well, got to go. I have to write a letter to the Hefty bag people.

THANKS!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Thank you Tide Company
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Thank you Tide Company
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks Marcia!

In reply to: Thank you Tide Company

My wife read this, smiled, and put 'Tide' on the grocery list!

Collapse -
It was nice knowin' ya, William ;)

In reply to: Thanks Marcia!

-- Marcia

P.S. Tell her not to forget the Hefty bags Wink

Collapse -
Re: Thank you Tide Company

Very funny, Marcia. (I purloined it to send along to others.) Happy

Speaking of Tide, years ago a fellow had a TV show during which he examined the claims of different manufacturers and products.

At that time Tide was the first to market its product in the box we know today. One of the TV ads focused on the strength of the box, saying it could be dropped down a flight of stairs and not break.

Not only did that guy drop the box from various heights, he tied it to the back of a vehicle, and drug it around.

The box held true far beyond expectations. Happy

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Re: Thank you Tide Company

Too funny MarciaHappy My husband must have heard this one before as He NEVER buys Tide or Hefty bags either!!! LOL
Glenda

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.