General discussion

Text loss while typing

I use windows vista home premium SP2,windows explorer 8,all the
windows updates are entered. The problem is when I type text for
E mails or even this message all the text suddenly turns blue &
disapears & I have to type the whole text again.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Text loss while typing
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Text loss while typing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Are you using a laptop?

Are you using a laptop? If so, you need to be very careful about where you set your palms/wrists down, because it's all too easy to accidentally rest them on the trackpad, which interprets it as a mouse press. And on some keyboards, it can be easy to accidentally hit an arrow key or something when you thought you were hitting some OTHER key.

- Collapse -
Update to my original post

Hello Jimmy
Yes I am using a Laptop & I do try very hard to keep my hands clear of the
machine pads. I use a external mouse so the only time that my hand could touch the pads
is when typing.I have heard that it is possible to disable the pads & just use the mouse,
I do not know how to do this.

- Collapse -
To disable varies with the laptop make and model.

I can't find the make and model so try TOUCHFREEZE next.

- Collapse -
help

I have the exact same problem, except it doesnt turn blue and the cursor ends up going to where the mouse is. I am not pressing anything, nor doing anything other than typing.

- Collapse -
Are you using a laptop?

If so, research then try TOUCHFREEZE.

CNET Forums

Forum Info