General discussion

test, please delete later

When I put in DivX thread, I clked on Create Discussion and then was left staring at grayed out screen. Tried to duplicate on TEST forum but didn't happen the same there.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: test, please delete later
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: test, please delete later
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
OK, here's what happened

When I clicked on Create New Discussion, (using 800x600 resolution) I scrolled up to type in the box. The button to finish the post was off the page, so I scrolled that button up to middle of the page and then clicked on it. I was left looking at a grayed out screen, waiting for the closing box to appear. Of course shortly I realized I could still scroll and found the Close box with the 3 choices above that area. Not a bug or glitch, but an annoyance. It might be better if that last box, since it is smaller would float, anchored to middle of screen.

- Collapse -
What I see

I see what you do, but it doesn't happen with me with a higher resolution. I had to force the issue by dragging the bottom of my browser window way up by half a screen.

Finish my post, scroll the page up, Hit the "Create Discussion" button, then the "Close" button is off the screen, at the top. I had to scroll the page down to see it.

I really hate to say this, but the issue is not as difficult with those who use higher resolutions.

Do you still want this thread deleted? Or can it stay? It could be useful for others to comment.

- Collapse -
you could leave it

What I typically do is if there's something off the page, I don't just scroll line by line, I either clk on the side bar below the slider to pop up the next page area on the browser, or give my mouse wheel a complete roll to pop up the next page. Doing that after typing in a thread starter, the create discussion button ends up about half page or higher. So it's type the post, do two clks (side bar, post it) and then gray page. Clk on it there and you are staring at a full grayed page wondering where the Close box went to, for a bit, at least the first time. It's not a big problem, I was just wondering if I'm the only one it happened to. Admittedly it didn't happen till today, but not expecting that was caught off guard, sort of surprised to not see it. Still, if they wanted to float it, since there's nothing else to do than that box, that might be a nice feature to add later on, it would always appear right there in the middle of screen after making the post.

CNET Forums

Forum Info