Samsung forum

Question

Terms And Conditions page is not loading for Samsung TV

Dear All,

I have purchased Samsung TV , Model : UA40F6400
Software Version : T-MST12UABC-1110.4, BT - S/G

Smart Hub Information
Apps Version : 5.1891

Since this is a new TV I am trying to set up Smart Hub, However when I try to do it is not loading Terms and Conditions page. I have connected to a wireless router and Internet is working fine on the tv. I can browse internet through inbuilt browser. on setup it checks for internet access and gives a message saying it is connected to Internet. but then on the next page it says a message " There are some problems, Please call samsung Service center, Message code Shocked ", for certain I know that TV is connected to internet because software updated after connecting. If anyone has faced similar issue or knows anything about fixing this please let me know, Thank you very much in advance,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Terms And Conditions page is not loading for Samsung TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Terms And Conditions page is not loading for Samsung TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: please call Samsung Service center.

In reply to: Terms And Conditions page is not loading for Samsung TV

What did they say when you told them about the problem and the message code?

Kees

Collapse -
Re: please call Samsung Service center.

In reply to: Re: please call Samsung Service center.

As per them it is my ISP issue, I have no idea why it has to be ISP issue as I have updated TV firmware after connecting to internet through online update, Which means my TV is connecting to their sever for update. Just not connecting when the TV has to prompt Terms and Conditions to accept to use Smart Hub

Collapse -
Answer
There is an ongoing repeating issue like this.

I often find that wiring directly to the router to help as well as setting the DNS to a Google DNS.

But details are slim here.

You bring up a good point. Should TVs come with an option for a guru to visit and set it up?
Bob

Collapse -
Re :There is an ongoing repeating issue like this

In reply to: There is an ongoing repeating issue like this.

Hi Bob,
I have tried all the means I know of, I have tried through internet connection using VPN and using google DNS, However end result is still the same, I get internet connection on TV, But it is not loading Terms and Conditions page for me to accept. from my point of view TV is not connecting to Smart Hub Setup server for some reasons. If I only I know which server it is trying to connect , I could check it from browser to see if the address is blocked from my ISP

I don't think TV's should come with an option for a guru to visit and set it up ?? it's just weird for me since it is not connecting smart hub setup server only

Thanks

Collapse -
VPN?

In reply to: Re :There is an ongoing repeating issue like this

That's quite odd to try that. Why would we be using a VPN?

Collapse -
Re: VPN?

In reply to: VPN?

Since I am trying to setup Smart Hub from the Maldives there is a possibility that it is not available in the Maldives, I used a VPN to see if I can install Smart Hub by using a VPN from other country where it is available

Collapse -
Ahh.

In reply to: Re: VPN?

Sorry but good luck with that. So many hurdles as to why it won't work. At least we know why it didn't work now.
Bob

Collapse -
Re; Ahh.

In reply to: Ahh.

Dear Bob,
Could you please explain to me what do you mean by "At least we know why it didn't work now." ??? I still have not figured out why it is not working for me .. As per Samsung Smart Hub will work for all countries. Some applications may require to be in a certain region / country. However Smart Hub will work

Thanks

Collapse -
Given the story so far.

In reply to: Re; Ahh.

I'll have to defer to the maker on this one. So far I don't know of how to get support for when we take a smart tv out of it's region.

My advice is to forget the smart hub, get some roky, android stick or pc and get your internet that way.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: Re: Ahh

In reply to: Given the story so far.

Dear Bob,

As mentioned in my previous posts I am getting Internet on TV.
1- I can browse through TV browser
2 - I am getting "service notification from Samsung " (Scheduled service maintenance 10/14/2013 is already received "
3 - TV is already updated to latest firmware as software update was set to automatic
4 - When I "press" "Smart Hub" button, the TV asks to "Setup Smart Hub" , It then takes me to Network page , where I select my Wireless internet connection, Next I get a message saying " You are connected to Internet, Press Ok to continue" When I press OK it gives me a error message saying to contact Samsung .

Please don't crack jokes for my question as I have spent over USD 2000 to buy this TV, It is really not worth when you crack jokes

Collapse -
Back to its maker.

In reply to: Re: Re: Ahh

While I might think about changing the time on the tv to make where it was supposed to be fielded and using Google DNS I fear you are off where few will find support. I am not cracking any joke here about finding support. It may not be possible to get support for this one.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Terms And Conditions page is not loading for Samsung TV

Hi Mr Tyro,

Recently i bought Samsung UA46H5303 and i faced the same problem also.
TV able to connect to internet but the smart hub terms and conditions page not loading. Same issue like you.

Can you please advise me how did you manage to slove this?

Thanks,
Raju

Collapse -
Re: Terms And Conditions page is not loading for Samsung TV

Hi bhimu2u,

Sorry to hear that. Just so you know, we only have support for US models. Please reach out to Samsung Support in your country regarding this TV.

http://smsn.us/visitcountry

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Solution found

Have you got any solution to the above problem....

Collapse -
Resetting did the trick for me

I had the same issue, and then tried the advice of factory resetting the TV, which did the trick for me. Suddenly I also had sound in the Smart Hub Menu which I didnt before. The Terms and Conditions loaded almost instantly.
Hope that solves your problem as well.

Collapse -
Resetting did the trick for me

In reply to: Resetting did the trick for me

Hi The_Doppi

How did you do to reset factory TV? Because, I just bought a UE49KU6400 Samsung smart tv and i face the same problema.
Best

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.