General discussion

Templates

Is it possible for templates or forms
to hold within them molicious macros or something similar ?????

i keep getting a problem with my word systems at my office..

with some templates (letters, credit notes ect ect what ever) they freeze and use up 100% cpu usage when ever someone tries to change something (like bold, change size, centre) when they do these things it also changes the entire document to that setting and not just selected text.

on top of that during the entire time the document is open, word uses more and more and more memory. i saw it hit 300mbs the other day (and that was with it just sitting open).

i have repaired, reinstalled and cleaned the systems effected several times. but it all ways re-appears after a few days.

i have used virus scanners and the likes to look for infections but come up with nothin. i have also got macro's turned off, except for "trusted" windows macro's

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Templates
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Templates
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Macro Security

It is very possible, they are usually contained in Macros. I would set your macro security to high and also run a good virus scan.

- Collapse -
In addition,

If you are talking about Microsoft Word, I would also search for and delete all instances of Normal.dot on each computer.

Normal.dot is the template for Word and can get corrupted. If you delete it, Word will create a fresh one the next time it, (Word), is opened.

Mark

CNET Forums