General discussion

temp and minidmp prob- Temp\WER9.tmp.dir00\WinAVI.exe.mdmp

ok ive had a good look around at all sorts of forums and i cant find the answer to this problem im havin -
for all who try to help me, good luck!
ok when running sum programs i get a error message
this is pretty much it:-
error signature
szAppName : WinAVI.exe szAppVer : 0.0.0.0 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0
offset : 00000000
C:\DOCUME~1\FORD~1.FOR\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9.tmp.dir00\WinAVI.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\FORD~1.FOR\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

this particular error message is with WinAvi im trying to turn sum avi files into dvd recordable ones... i can post the enitie error page if needed has neone got ne ideas? running xp pro

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: temp and minidmp prob- Temp\WER9.tmp.dir00\WinAVI.exe.mdmp
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: temp and minidmp prob- Temp\WER9.tmp.dir00\WinAVI.exe.mdmp
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: temp and minidmp prob- Temp\WER9.tmp.dir00\WinAVI.ex e.

Nowhere in yout post one can see if your PC is Viruses and Spyware free. For the latter :

Try Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta). Download, Run and post a report in that thread with what pests it founded.

Also, you can be a user that runs such applications as Kazaa. If so, uninstall them.

P.S. The Good Luck it?s for you and not for someone who?s helping you. For such posters, you use other words. Sounds like you travelled into many Forums with different features/traditions/cultures.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

- Collapse -
anti virus spyware ect

ive got spybot, ad aware, reg cleaner, a stinger, mcafee fireewall and virus scan, spy subtract, spyware blaster, and a cwshredder, all running ok find small thing snow n again system is clean i think its sumfin to do with me creating usernames deleting them and then not being able to delte sum of the temp minidmp directories altho i dont no that for sure...
just a complete guess really...

so ne ideas i no its nothing to do with malicious programs only happens when a temp of minidmp is supposed to happen... please help somebody its driving me mad! thanx

- Collapse -
Re: anti virus spyware etc

Yes, I understand that you ran those utilities. However, with today malware running all of them is not sufficient. You didn?t tell if you used the supplied utility.

Anyway, from your shown info there is a small chance for a magical fix to be provided. As you can see from this End-user crash responses page, what you encounter it?s a crash and you?re invited to send a report. If the OCA is unable to provide a fix, you?re SOL. The only additional suggestion I might tell it?s to uninstall / reinstall the offending application (or look for patches).

Good Luck,

Cetin

- Collapse -
ok

nope no fix and nope no unistalling reinstalling trick works tried that, so im not getting newhere yet really... bit of an **** of a problem this!

- Collapse -
Re: ok

There's something more to be added. Generally speaking, when someone sees such an error it should have a direct access to the problem PC. Anyway, here's some possible causes for those errors: bad memory module, offending startup application / service, bugs in third party applications, malware, corrupted windows XP, etc. etc.

What to be done ? I'll give you the text answers, without links. Event Viewer, System File checker, memory test, clean boot procedure, windows in-place repair.

BTW, I suggested to post the MS Antispyware results but you skiped it. I wish you good luck for cleaning your PC.

Good Luck,

Cetin

T. S. Eliot

CNET Forums

Forum Info