Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ted, my buddy of 46 years

by crowsfoot / April 2, 2005 1:58 PM PST

, my working buddy and business partner for the last 2 (and many various times before) died unexpectedly last night. He was 54. COD unknown at this point. I've just come in from the bar where I've been sitting with his common-law wife. She is in a real state. Nothing more I can do for her tonight.

I think he was trying to do too much all at one time and playing the tough guy, too. He recently imposed discipline and turned himself over to the IRS for back-taxes. He "embodied" with AA and with Jesus, and gave up his evil ways. At about the same time he signed up with county health and had 8 teeth pulled AND went on hepatitis C treatment. Now I did the interferon myself and let me tell you, it ain't no damn picnic. Pile on top of that, an unfamiliar mouth-scape, AND a panic situation for our boss and the tenets we're building for! Well, I don't know. He called us Diligent Construction. I smiled at that. In the last 3 weeks he built, single-handily, (and I mean BY HIMSELF) 56 feet of lower cabinets w/doors and drawers, including a check-out counter, and 44 feet of upper shelves. A remarkable lot of production for even the best, at their best. He always demanded a mighty lot from himself. (And everybody around him, too. The SOB!) We were inches from finishing.

God? We send you Ted. Try not to piss him off.

Rest in peace, Ted.

http://img219.exs.cx/img219/9649/100007916wq.jpg

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ted, my buddy of 46 years
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ted, my buddy of 46 years
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'm sorry crowfoot ...........
by xerpor / April 2, 2005 2:53 PM PST

Very nice eulogy you just gave. My condolences, I'm sure you feel a great loss and lots of pain.

Nice picture. Ted was definitely up to his keester in work and lumber.

May he rest in peace.

Collapse -
46 years? Longer than today's marriages!
by drpruner / April 2, 2005 3:14 PM PST

Well, from your post he had at least one good friend that whole time.
Regrets.
Doug in New Mexico

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You both have our prayers
by Diana Forum moderator / April 2, 2005 10:07 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) So very sorry for your loss Bob.
by Evie / April 2, 2005 10:24 PM PST
Collapse -
May he find peace and tranquility...
by Chorus-Line A1-QMS / April 2, 2005 10:25 PM PST

and now more concerned about you, in hopes that your sadness will slowly diminished in time by introducing cheerful memories and thoughts of togetherness.

CL

Collapse -
Sorry to hear of your loss. It is always very hard to lose
by Kiddpeat / April 2, 2005 10:39 PM PST

someone who's close. Sad

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Sorry to hear of your loss, Bob
by Glenda / April 2, 2005 10:49 PM PST
Collapse -
Prayers to his family and to you
by MarciaB / April 2, 2005 11:14 PM PST

Only 54 - so young still

tragic Sad

I'm sorry for your loss of such a great friend

Take care, Bob,
--Marcia

Collapse -
Sincere condolences, Bob
by Angeline Booher / April 2, 2005 11:51 PM PST

The bond of your friendship was strong, evidenced by the eulogy you gave, You are blessed to have had such a loyal association with Ted over that many years.

As was he for having known you.

You and all that knew and cared for him are in our thoughts and prayers.

Angeline

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Condolences, sympathy, and best wishes to all who knew
by Roger NC / April 3, 2005 5:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) sorry for your loss
by Mark5019 / April 3, 2005 12:19 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Sorry to hear the loss of your long time friend Bob
by Rolway / April 3, 2005 12:38 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'm sorry, Bob. My prayers to you and all who loved him
by Cindi Haynes / April 3, 2005 5:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) it's hard to lose a good friend, condolences Bob
by jonah jones / April 3, 2005 5:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thank you, everybody.
by crowsfoot / April 3, 2005 3:13 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.