Question

Techno dinosaur requires help with new mobile phone?

Have just acquired a NEW Samsung S8300V.Whereas I fully appreciate its not by any means the most up market or the latest phone on the market,I have to say to me after my "clockwork one" this phone is fantastic..however some of the technology is passing me by .So I would appreciate some patient soul taking me though it.
I am used to seeing edge or G on the handset but this displays HSPDA,which if I understand correctly is faster and more accurate at aquiring data??(Am I right?)
Equally this phone has GPS which I would love to get up and running,but on going into phone sttings and activating GPS it goes into action for about 10 mins and then states no Satellites found etc,,,so guess I need to do something else???

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Techno dinosaur requires help with new mobile phone?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Techno dinosaur requires help with new mobile phone?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
About GPS.

Are you indoors at the time? I find some folk forget that inside, GPS rarely works. Don't laugh as you read about a multi-million dollar government project tried to use GPS inside a building and no, it didn't work.
Bob

- Collapse -
techno dinosaur requires help with new moblie phone.

Many thanks for reply.yes I did try outdoors (being a sat nav freak!) but to no avail,it just states no sats found so assume I need to activate soemthing within phone system???
How about HSPDA?Does that take the place of edge etc?

- Collapse -
Re: no sats found

It might be defective. Why not take it with you to the shop and let them show it works. If it doesn't, it's a clear warranty case and they give you a replacement one.
About activating something: that should be in the user manual.

Kees

- Collapse -
You may have to configure it for your carrier's data setting

CNET Forums