a Client/Server network environment. If you have more than five computers on the network and are using software which will be shared by all, this is the preferred setup.
The list details the safeguards and administration duties that a C/S network provide.
1) Remote and centralized administration make data backup and software installation and upgrades more efficient by localizing these tasks to one machine, the server.
2) Mapping network drives will give you a single icon to click to initiate your network used software programs from the Server.
3) Virus and spyware protection can be run from one Server machine rather than each Client.
can someone help me understand this... I have a company offering their services to mine and I'm a bit lost. I know some of these are simple to most but I just don't want to get rolled over by not knowing.
I know you would like/need to know what the project entails but please just remove the jargon and tell me what you think they mean.
1. Establish an upgraded network where the administrator can administer the network remotely and in a centralised manner.
2. Guarantee that network drives are mapped when logging on to the domain.
3. Ensure that the network is secure form attack from externally and within.
4. Ensure that new software is compatible with the environment.
5. Perform and document testing of the system.
6. Ensure maintenance agreements are in place.
Thanks in advance