General discussion

Tea Party Crashers...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100412/ap_on_go_ot/us_tea_party_crashers

Opponents of the fiscally conservative tea party movement say they plan to infiltrate and dismantle the political group by trying to make its members appear to be racist, homophobic and moronic.

Jason Levin, creator of http://www.crashtheteaparty.org, said Monday the group has 65 leaders in major cities across the country who are trying to recruit members to infiltrate tea party events for April 15 ? tax filing day, when tea party groups across the country are planning to gather and protest high taxes.

"Every time we have someone on camera saying that Barack Obama isn't an American citizen, we want someone sitting next to him saying, 'That's right, he's an alien from outer space!'" Levin said.Levin says they want to exaggerate the group's least appealing qualities, further distance the tea party from mainstream America and damage the public's opinion of them.

(In other words, LIE)

I've heard these clowns are making up fake racist posters and shouting out racial slurs posing as Tea Partiers.
Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Tea Party Crashers...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Tea Party Crashers...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
His birthplace?

Tea Party concerned about that?

- Collapse -
don't have the idea

i don't even see it the way he see it.

- Collapse -
They already did it with Palin

Remember the guy with his monkey doll sporting an Obama hat? He made like a jerk all over in front of cameras, then finally gave the monkey doll away? He was so obviously a plant. If not, then reporters would have been all over him, telling who he was, just like they went after Joe the Plumber.

- Collapse -
Let's not forget the black caucus

They claimed to hear racist screams at them when walking across the street (normally they use underground passage to go to vote) and immediately all the press was reporting it, yet not a single video camera, including the ones walking with that bunch of liars, captured a single such incident. In fact you could only hear the chant, "Kill the Bill".

- Collapse -
free speech is a gas, baby ... yeah !!!

I find much of the Tea Party membership to be riding on a current of emotional dissatisfaction more than any real insight of what the actual issues are.

That being said... the recent decisions made in the legal arena regarding the church groups that like to picket soldiers funerals pretty much opens up the public soap box to anyone making any claim in any situation just as long as they don't claim a false identity. Consequently, standing in the middle of a tea party crowd and quaking like a duck, or claiming that Obama is from Uranus... is a constitutionally protected activity.

Some of the Tea Party concerns and claims are very real. Many of their claims are so much exaggerations and disinformation. Lies are in the eye of the beholder. Many of the Tea Party crowd make claims that could be characterized as lies too. I am inclined to give them the benefit though, and just right them off as enthusiastically, and willingly misinformed.

- Collapse -
Dirty tricks...
Lies are in the eye of the beholder. NO, lies are lies, truth is truth. These people are deliberately trying to mislead the public by pretending to be part of the movement. What they are doing is despicable.

The Tea Party people probably know more about the issues than you give them credit for. They may understand the issues better than you do, so don't "right" them off just yet.
- Collapse -
My reaction is that

........ Jason Levine is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Any capable leader does advertise "covert operations". His choosing to make such an announcement is beyond comprehension.

What he has done is give the tea party an opening to claim "infiltration" is any of the legistimate members say or do something racist, homophobic, etc.

Shame on him!

Of course, it now behooves the party to immediately condemn any legitimate member who would happen to speak or act inappropriately.

Angeline

- Collapse -
I agree...

Not very bright at all... especially considering that he is calling THEM "morons!"

- Collapse -
Both groups could wear

I'm with stupid T-Shirts?

CNET Forums