Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

tbon.exe removal help

does anyone know of a program that will remove this???? my sister is afraid to go manually into the registry. i know its not a priority to remove tbon but she wants it gone if possible-adaware doesnt find it- but its in add remove and keeps coming back- avg updated za updated adaware updated. windows 98se

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: tbon.exe removal help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: tbon.exe removal help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
tbon or tbon.exe

In reply to: tbon.exe removal help

Hi Lisa,

Process Name: Adware.W32.BestOffers

Description:
tbon.exe is a process belonging to an advertising program by the Best Offers Network. This process monitors your browsing habits and distributes the data back to the author's servers for analysis. This also prompts advertising popups. This program is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

Recommendation for tbon.exe:
DISABLE AND REMOVE IMMEDIATELY. This process is most likely an adware or spyware.

Is it running at startup??

Use Taskmanager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) to end this running processes if you can (or use Process Explorer)

Go to Add/Remove Programs (START, settings, control Panel) and uninstall these apps (all may not be listed)
anything with a name similar to MyWay, MySearch, MyWebSearch, is there also an entry: BestOffers ?

Did you let her run Ad aware and\or SpybotS&D (updated) ?

Pls. let us know how you are doing.

Collapse -
TBON.EXE

In reply to: tbon or tbon.exe

TBON.EXE- she just went into start up and unchecked it so it cant run on start up- im going to have her now try add remove- before it wouldnt allow it to be removed- the The best offers is on add remove too- will let you know how it goes thaks so much

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Lisa, You're Welcome - Good Luck :)

In reply to: TBON.EXE

Collapse -
no luck

In reply to: tbon or tbon.exe

its still unchecked from start up- the The Best Offers cant be removed from add remove -it just gives a pop up with a link to an agrement about the program and wont uninstall the program- very frustrating- updated adaware doesnt find it- no luck with spybot- we ran the uninstall given at the link provided by the popup but it doesnt unistall it- other than her (scary thought here) entering the registry i just dont know-it claims not to be adware but it is- ive searched 3 days for a way to get rid of it- not sure how it got here- but one day shes looking in add remove and found this the best offers and kaaza - she removed kaaza-somehow this tbon.exe was linked to the kaaza she removed-she didnt even know what kaaza was or how it go there- i reminded her she has teenagers-and thats probably how......

Collapse -
Lisa, maybe you also should run.....

In reply to: no luck

ewido.

Please download, install, update and scan your system with the free version of Ewido Malware Suite.

1. When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
2. When you run ewido for the first time, you will get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.
3. From the main ewido screen, click on update in the left menu, then click the Start update button.
4. After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful"), exit Ewido and boot into safe mode:

Restart your computer, and begin tapping the F8 key on your keyboard. Continue to do so until the Windows Advanced Options menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
Using the arrow keys on the keyboard, scroll to and select the Safe mode menu item, and then press Enter.

Now open Ewido, click on the Scanner button in the left menu, then click on the Start button. This scan can take quite a while to run.

If ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. You can select "clean" and check the boxes "Perform action with all infections" and "Create encrypted backup" before clicking on OK.

Collapse -
sounds good

In reply to: Lisa, maybe you also should run.....

i sent sister the link to this download- im going to run it on mine too- that way i can talk her through it over the phone instead of trekking al the way t her place thank you so much-

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Lisa, You're Welcome :)

In reply to: sounds good

Collapse -
You could try...

In reply to: tbon.exe removal help

this LINK

On the page scroll down to "creates the following files" and you will see tbon.exe

Tom

Collapse -
thank you

In reply to: You could try...

She doesnt have orton but I will go out to her place and delete it from the registry- i dont let her mess in there- lol..... ill give it a try. thank you so much.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!