Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

taskmaster toolbar gone

Today I somehow lost my taskmaster toolbar. All I have is a window with a blank frame. The percentage usage information is gone and so ar all the task across the top of the window. I don't know how I did it or how to restore it. I was trying to close an application windown that was hangning and I must have clicked something on task manager that was also open at the time.
How do I get it back. I can't see the page that lists running programs either.
It's the second time I've done this and someone else fixed it for me last time, but they didn't tell me how.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: taskmaster toolbar gone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: taskmaster toolbar gone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tried Double Clicking In The Border Area...

In reply to: taskmaster toolbar gone

...in the upper right hand side?

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Your computer hangs...

Have you tried restarting your computer? Does the same thing happened? If not, then it is just that your computer hang or freeze. Possible causes: a lot of application is running. If you already restarted your computer and the same thing happens, then I suggest you to create a new user account and see if it occurs. Your computer may have some corrupted files and using a new user account, and deleting the old one, will correct this issue. When transferring to a new user account, make sure that you will transfer your files to the new one.

Collapse -
Grif has the solution and

Collapse -
Still got a problem

In reply to: Grif has the solution and

Thank you for your reply. I have added that helpful site to my favourites for future use.
The trouble is my Task Manager has no little red box to click. I've been right clicking here there and everywhere, but no joy. It is stuck on the screen showing the list of processes running, not the graph page, and there is no box of any description to click. I'd do a system restore except the problem happened immediately after downloading version 8 of Adobe Reader on dial up, which took hours, and I don't want to have to repeat the process! Looks like I might have to though.

Collapse -
I Think You Misunderstood..

In reply to: Still got a problem

Put your mouse in the brown border area around the Task Manager, then DOUBLE CLICK normally. It should expand back to normal. DON'T "right click" as you stated.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Fantastic!

In reply to: I Think You Misunderstood..

Yay, Griff you are wonderful. Big hugs and eternal gratitude. Now why was I too stupid to think of something that simple? Doh! All better now. Thank you so much.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!