Question

tansfering contacts help!

i had a HTC desire but the screen stopped working so i had to get a new phone(HTC One X). the desire still turns on you just cant see anything but i need a way to transfer my contacts from my desire to my One X. does anyone know of a way to do it?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: tansfering contacts help!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: tansfering contacts help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
No. But I'm fibbing.

There is that machine you see behind the counter at most cellular sales counters that can rip content out of one phone and onto another. It's not available to you but if you buy a new phone they might use it to transfer what you forgot to backup.
Bob

- Collapse -
tried that

i tried that. the machine couldn't pick up my desire i dont know why. it charges and everything its just the screen that is messed up.

- Collapse -
Then it's the same old story.

We only lose what we don't backup.

- Collapse -
Try something PC based

Often if you can hook up a USB cable to the old phone and connect with a PC, you can sometimes peruse the contents and copy all or some of this data. There are recovery-type software products on the market for this purpose. You would be wise to visit howardforums to see what's in vogue of late for such smartphone data recovery.

http://www.howardforums.com

- Collapse -
Answer
Repair it

perhaps you can try to change a new screen

- Collapse -
Answer
Never lose the contacts again

I found a good new site which you can back up all contacts and important information on, just thought i'd join this site and let ya'll know because i see day in and day out people asking for secure places to back up contacts and important things, so here it is, i use it myself and its great ! FYP, Forgot Your Phone.com .. Brilliant cheeck it out

CNET Forums