HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Taliban Islamic Love For Their Fellow Man.

by James Denison / October 26, 2008 9:08 AM PDT

Is there any doubt these Taliban beasts MUST be killed? The only solution it seems for them is death. Let them reap what they have sown.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,444088,00.html

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan ? Armed assailants attacked a man and gouged out his eyes in front of his family during a gruesome assault in southern Afghanistan, officials said Sunday.

Sayed Ghulam, 52, was recovering in a hospital in the country's largest southern city, Kandahar.

Ghulam said three armed men knocked on his door in the Sangin district of Helmand province late Thursday. When he opened the door, they punched him in the face, put the barrel of a Kalashnikov rifle in his mouth and gouged out his eyes with a knife in the presence of his wife and seven children.

"I was crying, along with my children and wife, who was screaming for help, but they didn't listen," Ghulam told The Associated Press from his hospital room in Kandahar.

Ghulam, a farmer who said he raises wheat and popcorn, said he doesn't know why he was attacked. "I don't have any enemies. But they were not letting me talk. They put the AK-47 in my mouth and they were punching me."

Daoud Ahmadi, spokesman for Helmand's governor, blamed Taliban fighters for the attack, saying the militants often kill innocent Afghans.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Taliban Islamic Love For Their Fellow Man.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Taliban Islamic Love For Their Fellow Man.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I like your literary freedom
by JP Bill / October 26, 2008 10:31 AM PDT

The word Islam/Islamic is nowhere in the link you provided (unless the Find function from the drop down Edit menu is broken)

Collapse -
Oh, oh, I'm sorry, did you think...
by James Denison / October 26, 2008 11:49 AM PDT

...they were motivated by Jewish doctrine? Catholic doctrine? Protestant doctrine? Or could it be an Islamic doctrine after all? Yes, that must be it. After all, they've said that is their motivation. Did you miss that part over the years? Been gone somewhere? OK, let me bring you up to date, they do it because of their Islamic doctrine. See, that's not to hard to define, is it?

Collapse -
When you mentioned Taliban love....
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 12:51 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.