Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Tainted media john kerrys discharge papers

by Mark5019 / February 18, 2005 5:32 AM PST

February 18, 2005 | Print | Send

The recent resignation of CNN's news director, Eason Jordan, after his outrageous remarks about our military at an international forum were reported on the Internet, is only the latest in a series of media scandals, of which Dan Rather's forged documents were just one. Media bias does not consist in having liberal or conservative opinions but in how you do your job -- or don't do it.

One document whose authenticity is not likely to be questioned by the mainstream media is the honorable discharge on Senator John Kerry's web site. Yet who in the major media has investigated why that honorable discharge is dated during the Carter administration, when Kerry's military service ended years earlier?

This is the same media that spent months investigating George W. Bush's military record and, even after key allegations were revealed to be based on forgeries, continued publicizing rumors and innuendoes. They didn't stop even after the President signed Form 180, opening all his military records to the public.

But who in the major media has asked why John Kerry would need to be issued an honorable discharge during the Carter administration, years after leaving the navy, unless his original discharge was less than honorable?

One of Jimmy Carter's first acts as President was to issue an order granting amnesties to draft dodgers who had fled the country during the Vietnam war and also allowing an upgrading of military discharges that had been less than honorable.

There is more to this than simply a strange date on an honorable discharge. The covering memo refers to U.S. Code Title 10, sections 1162 and 1163. Anyone who bothers to read those sections will discover that they are about unusual circumstances for issuing discharges from the military services.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20050218.shtml

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Tainted media john kerrys discharge papers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Tainted media john kerrys discharge papers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The sections of U.S. Code cited by Professor Sowell...
by Paul C / February 18, 2005 9:26 AM PST

...pertain solely to members of the Uniformed Services who are discharged under less than honorable conditions. There can be no doubt, Mark, that Sen. Kerry received at best a general discharge under less than honorable conditions and lied about it from the first moment he entered public life in Massachusetts.

There can also be no doubt that he had the discharge upgraded as soon as the possibility presented itself - and continued to lie about it.

There furthermore can be no doubt that had he signed SF 180, Sen. Kerry's little house of lies would have collapsed around him.

What's most disgusting is that the press ignored all this and spent all kinds of time chasing after the lies that Dan Rather, Mary Mapes and the rest of the pukes at SeeBS purveyed about President Bush.

Collapse -
and just think all the kerry supporters
by Mark5019 / February 18, 2005 12:18 PM PST

wont beleave it they still refuse to relize the pack of lies he fed them and the manipulating that went on:(

Collapse -
Response
by JP Bill / February 18, 2005 1:11 PM PST

What difference does it make to the supporters of the winning side if the supporters of the losing side still refuse to relize the pack of lies he fed them and the manipulating that went on?

Whats the difference between a lie and not telling the whole truth?

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/helenthomas/4213448/detail.html

Collapse -
but at least he released his records
by Mark5019 / February 18, 2005 10:24 PM PST
In reply to: Response

why didnt kerry but the article i posted told you why.
but thats ok bush won kerry lied and lost.

just remember that.
why didnt kerry releas why took 12 yrs to fix his discharge why did he lie?

Collapse -
why didnt kerry but the article i posted told you why.
by JP Bill / February 18, 2005 10:54 PM PST

I read the article but I couln't find where it said why Kerry didn't release his records

Can you please cut and paste the parts of your link which show WHY?

Collapse -
it dosnt say why
by Mark5019 / February 19, 2005 12:18 AM PST

but it says didnt so you tell me why
unless hes afraid of the truth comeing out.
but a man with nothing to hide would release his records.

but since the double standards ok with you ill just simply say you all need to relize Kerrys hideing his record you dont want to know why i do

but then i see bush released his records with nothing to hide.

Collapse -
so you tell me why
by JP Bill / February 19, 2005 3:37 AM PST
In reply to: it dosnt say why

I don't know why. Neither do you.

It doesn't matter to Kerry whether I know why or not. He's not going to tell me.

At some point he might figure he might as well stop talking about his record. If he made another statement about it then there would be probably more questions. It would never end.

You know that politicians don't answer the question you ask, they answer the question they want you to ask.

Did you ever hear the term "flogging a dead horse"?

Collapse -
well to bad the coward made such a statement huh?
by Mark5019 / February 19, 2005 10:29 AM PST
In reply to: so you tell me why

it was bush who said he was in nam, it was bush who released his records, and where was your fair media demanding kerry to release his?

if you beleave he is an honerable man with nothing to hide so be it.

i and others see him for a yellow coward.

and 12 yrs to get his discharge lol wonder how much he paid to get it fixed

Collapse -
where was your fair media demanding kerry to release his?
by JP Bill / February 19, 2005 11:32 AM PST

can you direct me to the post where I said the media was "fair"

or that any politician always tells the truth

Collapse -
well then point me to
by Mark5019 / February 20, 2005 12:13 AM PST

your link demanding kerry to release his papers

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) you first
by JP Bill / February 20, 2005 2:10 AM PST
In reply to: well then point me to
Collapse -
no need as its a nown fact
by Mark5019 / February 20, 2005 2:53 AM PST
In reply to: (NT) you first

the biased media was not going to prove kerrys a liar.

the swiftys did prove it
face it the dems picked the worst man for there choice.
and with dean leading will be replay in 2008 dems lose again

Collapse -
You were
by JP Bill / February 20, 2005 2:58 AM PST

Wrong when you said the article said WHY kerry didn't answer and you're WRONG again

Collapse -
and he still hasnt released records
by Mark5019 / February 20, 2005 7:30 AM PST
In reply to: You were

the lie continues

Collapse -
response
by JP Bill / February 20, 2005 8:44 AM PST
Collapse -
Actually
by Roger NC / February 19, 2005 11:33 AM PST

Whatever the reason he had discharged changed, it was after the draft dodger amnesty program was enacted, and probably a lot more were changed too.

Doesn't mean I don't wonder what it was before, just not surprising to me it was changed at that time.

JMO

Roger

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Good for the goose, good for the gander
by JP Bill / February 19, 2005 12:49 PM PST
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/20/politics/20talk.html?hp&ex=1108875600&en=2791e4de2fc239a9&ei=5094&partner=homepage

The White House did not dispute the authenticity of the tapes or respond to their contents.

Mr. Bush told Mr. Wead: "As you said, there are some code words. There are some proper ways to say things, and some improper ways."

But when Mr. Wead said that Mr. Bush had in the past publicly denied using cocaine, Mr. Bush replied, "I haven't denied anything."

Mr. Bush said: "I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions.

By your standards since President Bush didn't answer questions (about marijuana) and didn't deny (about cocaine) then he had something to hide.

Thus, as you called Kerry a liar, Bush is also liar, for the same reasons. He has something to hide. So he is a liar.
Collapse -
Bush wasn't running based on his drug record.
by Kiddpeat / February 19, 2005 2:28 PM PST

That's a huge difference.

Collapse -
My point was
by JP Bill / February 19, 2005 8:57 PM PST

how Mark determined a person was a "liar", and how the statements or lack of statements, made or not made by Kerry and Bush were similar.

And that according to Marks standards both men should be classified as liars.

If people will lie about one thing they will lie about another thing.

Bush wasn't running based on his drug record.

Campaign slogan

Vote for me I never admitted I used cocaine

Collapse -
but he released his records
by Mark5019 / February 20, 2005 12:16 AM PST

the coward, who ran away didnt so tell me what is he hideing.

and not answering is a lie
if he said the earths flat thats a lie

Collapse -
Response
by JP Bill / February 20, 2005 2:17 AM PST

your statement

not answering is a lie

The White House did not dispute the authenticity of the tapes or respond to their contents.

Presidents statement

Mr. Bush said: "I wouldn't answer the marijuana questions.

Conclusion you believe the President is a liar

OR is it only when Kerry doesn't answer that the person is a liar?

Collapse -
how can not answering be a lie?
by Mark5019 / February 20, 2005 2:57 AM PST

but we were talking about kerrys records as you try to change the subject so as you allways complain about me stick with it.

but we know you cant answer it kerrys hideing something, bush released his records, kerry said he would then didnt

why wont he why didnt the media jump all over him, what would been if bush didnt release his records would the media over look that?

you well know never the medias pro democrat good thing the voters saw him for what he was

Collapse -
how can not answering be a lie?
by JP Bill / February 20, 2005 3:07 AM PST

You tell me.

You're the one that said because Kerry didn't release his records (same as not answering) he was a liar.

why wont he why didnt the media jump all over him,

You tell me, i don't know I'm not the media

the voters saw him for what he was

Why don't you sit back and savour the moment. And stop worrying about Kerry's war record?

Collapse -
Don't make me lock this thread
by TONI H / February 20, 2005 5:11 AM PST

You two guys are playing a game of 'MAAAA, HE'S LOOKING AT ME'.....and it's gotten old, old, freaking OLD......

Knock it off...

TONI

Collapse -
When the truth is against you, try to change the subject.
by Kiddpeat / February 19, 2005 12:33 AM PST

President Bush is always convenient when some truth about the left's former fair haired boy is discussed.

Collapse -
President Bush is always convenient
by JP Bill / February 19, 2005 3:40 AM PST

Convenient?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Now boys! Play nice.
by null. / February 18, 2005 3:34 PM PST
Collapse -
Your guess is
by TONI H / February 18, 2005 8:21 PM PST

>>>>>My guess is Kerry was a victim of Post Traumatic Stress >>>>>>>

In four months' time? If he couldn't take the heat and stressed out in four months, can you imagine what we would have for a President had he won and all the stress that goes with THAT job?

Thanks for the laugh this morning........I have to wipe the coffee off the monitor now.

TONI

Collapse -
Maybe the PTSD is why.....
by Glenda / February 19, 2005 1:14 AM PST
In reply to: Your guess is

Kerry couldn't remember if he was in Cambodia that Christmas???
Glenda

Collapse -
Hey, Rob
by Dan McC / February 18, 2005 9:29 PM PST

No points off for spelling. We all try to express ourselves to the best of our abilities and should be judged by the content of our statements and our syntax.

Be a bigger man.

Dan

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?