Question

Tablet /Usb

I purchased a 7 inch tablet ,that supports micro sd ,and usb.I have enabled scanning of both on my tablet.Although the micro card works fine, the tablet only recognizes some, usb thumb drive.Also would like to know,do tablets support usb external hard drives.
Tablet model LY-F2S

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Tablet /Usb
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Tablet /Usb
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Only some do.

Depending on what the tablet maker implemented you're never sure of all drives to work. If the maker can't speak to you about this, it's a sign you may want to return it.

But I have a question. Are you trying to use a tablet in the place of a laptop?
Bob

- Collapse -
tablet

no.not trying to use it as a laptop.That feature would be limited.
I can still transfer files on the micro-sd,which is ok.If the usb will only recognize certain drives,so be it.I have also tried disabling sd, and enabling only usb.Worse case scenario, i will use the usb drive that it will recognize.I will assume,this device (Tablet),does not recognize external hard drive.
My question should have been be more precise.
Do some tablets recognize external hard drives?

- Collapse -
Some do.

I've been carrying around a Kingston WiDrive and had very good luck as it gives me 2 ways to transfer. Did you consider a drive with a builtin NAS for more options?
Bob

- Collapse -
tablet usb

I willl look into it .Have several thumb drives.
Thanks.

CNET Forums