General discussion

Tablet PC CWI538 has short usage time

Jan 12, 2020 11:53PM PST

Hello everyone, recently my tablet PC CWI538 needs to be recharged after using it for 1 hour, sometimes it is turned off without using it, and it can be used after turning it on, especially in winter, what is going on?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Tablet PC CWI538 has short usage time
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Tablet PC CWI538 has short usage time
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Keep in mind.
Jan 13, 2020 12:26AM PST

That battery usage times have a 10X range. I can show laptops and tablet reviews that test the time on battery and they can range from minutes to hours.

But if you factory reset the PC and it's not turning in times like it used to, then it may need a new battery since these are only rated for about 300 cycles which would be easy to wear out a battery every year.

HOW OLD IS THE BATTERY?

- Collapse -
tablet
Jan 18, 2020 12:02AM PST

The tablet has been in use for 3 years. Usually I am fully charged. When I use it the next day, there is no power. I just shut it down. When I turn on the battery, the power is 85%. I do n’t know what it ’s like. It ’s always like this.

- Collapse -
At three years.
Jan 18, 2020 7:20AM PST

That's old enough to have lost capacity. The test remains to be done about the factory reset and see how much time it gets. Bear in mind that NO APPS ARE INTRODUCED DURING THE TEST. GO NATIVE.

If that results in low times, time for a new battery.

Remember I take it you know how long the battery lasted when the tablet was new and are not hoping for more than that.

- Collapse -
Thank you
Jan 19, 2020 6:51PM PST

Thank you for your kind help. I will try it out. If not, I will only buy a new one online.

CNET Forums

Forum Info