After a few hours of researching, I was surprised by an unexpected fact - a vast majority of tablets do not have a built in magnetometer (compass)! So, to narrow down my question and make it easier for it to be answered:
- is there any comprehensive list of tablets with a built in magnetometer? Or any search/filter function to help me find one?
I will take care of finding a tablet with the other suitable specs myself. Thanks a lot
Apologies if a similar question has been asked, but I wasn't able to find a satisfying answer for my case!
We're organizing app-guided treasure hunts & sightseeing tours in our city. Tourists receive a tablet with our developed application which guides them around the city. Tourists won't be able to access any other functionalities other than the app, and the app itself uses rather simple functionalities (gps tracking, video/audio playback, textual messages etc.)
I'm still wondering which android tablet I should buy for such a purpose, the selection is huge and I'm lost! I do know, however, what kind of characteristics I would expect from the tablet:
- good battery life. Should be able to work through at least 2 tours (duration around 3 hours each) without charging.
- bright screen, should be clearly visible in broad daylight.
- Great gps signal (preferably without wifi turned on). A built in magnetometer would also be nice
- preferably 10 inch screen
- Preferable price range between 120-250 euros per tablet
I'd be incredibly thankful for any advice. Thanks in advance!