Phones forum

General discussion

T Mobile Dash

Hey everybody sorry to bother,
I am very interested in buying this phone, but I need one thing
cleared up for me. I read that this phone has Wi-FI, something that makes this phone very intriguing. I have a wireless network at my home, and my college also has free wireless internet. What i need cleared is: do I have to pay extra to use the internet on this phone through my wireless network or any other for that matter. Kind of confused, any comment will be greatly appreciated. thankyou
oh, do u guys recommend this phone?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: T Mobile Dash
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: T Mobile Dash
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
answer your question

In reply to: T Mobile Dash

i currently just bought the phone (t-mobile dash) love the phone...love all the features...but sorry to let you knoe if you use the wi-fi feature on your phone you will be charged for every kilo-byte you access through wi-fi, if you dont purchase a data plan...that was one of the questions i asked when i bought the phone....but the beware a upgrade for the dash is coming called the HTC CAVALIER!!!!....twice faster and has 3G....so you may want to wait...i think im gonna return mine soon for it...its suppossed to drop around late january or ealry feb....

Collapse -
not true

In reply to: answer your question

that is extremely false. the idea behind wifi is that you can access WLAN, wireless local area network. like the guy said, he has a home wireless and school wireless, phones w/ wifi access internet separately from that of the service provider like cingular and tmobile. this is why you see so much in reviews about smartphones why reviewers love seeing wifi in a phone because that means when a wireless network is available, theres no need to access your wireless provider's satellites and pay for internet that way. if the people at tmobile told you otherwise they told you wrong.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.