Phones forum

General discussion

T-Mobile Camera Phone

by shahnm77 / April 8, 2004 5:37 AM PDT

I'm debating to switch over from Sprint to T-Mobile...I would like to get a camera phone. Personally, I like gadgets, the more the better.

I'm debating between these three phone...which ones would you recommend or stay away from?

Motorola V300
Samsung E715
Sony Ericsson T610

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: T-Mobile Camera Phone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: T-Mobile Camera Phone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:T-Mobile Camera Phone
by screwcitypunk / April 18, 2004 1:47 PM PDT
In reply to: T-Mobile Camera Phone

I personally have the Motorola V300, so I can only comment on it. I have had the phone about a month and a half and love it to death. I upgraded from a V66 that was problematic and had only basic functions. The V300 is a much more solid phone. It has a vga 300 x 400 pixel camera. The only trouble I have had with the camera function is in low-light conditions. The photos are great for the size they are on the phone screen, but if you blow them up much bigger than 2 inches, they get pixelated. I have excellent reception compared to the V66 with T-mobile. The ringer does leave a bit to be desired when playing mp3 ringtones, I downloaded "London Calling" by The Clash for it and it gets a bit distorted when the bass kicks in. The lcd screen has excellent resolution, better than the Nextel i95 in my opinion. If there's anything else I can help out with, let me know.

Collapse -
by johnpriore / April 23, 2004 2:32 PM PDT

I used to work for one the the "Big 6" telecomm companies, neither of which was T-Mobile or Sprint. T-Mobile's network, in my opinion and in many other people's opinions, is weak. Between the two choices, go with Sprint.

Also, I have had experience with Sony Ericsson phones, including the T610, and do not care for them. Samsung is of high quality. I'd recommend Samsung or Moto.

Collapse -
Re:Re:T-Mobile Camera Phone
by ncstuart / May 23, 2004 4:37 AM PDT

T-Mobile service is amazingly good in New Jersey area.

Collapse -
by jimborg / May 7, 2004 5:41 AM PDT

Before you invest in a camera phone, you might want to consider the fact that they are being banned from many locations because of privacy issues. I work for a large school district, and no one is allowed to bring a camera phone into any school building. They have also been banned from parks in my county, since people have used them to take pictures in locker rooms, etc. As these phones become implicated in credit card fraud (people taking pictures of credit cards in supermarket lines) corporate spying and privacy cases, they will most likely be banned in other locations as well.

Collapse -
by dab / May 14, 2004 6:27 AM PDT

I have the V300 and really like it. The camera has a zoom feature and takes good indoor pictures. The Samsung phone is really cool but $$$.

PS TMobile coverage is good enough for me, in the LA area. Having better phones makes them a choice over verizon, IMHO.

Collapse -
SonyEricsson has the best camera phones
by xnxnxn / March 13, 2006 3:26 PM PST
Collapse -
Of course you realize that you are responding
by neocon / March 13, 2006 9:53 PM PST

to an almost 2 year old post?

Collapse -
hahaha - that's pretty funny
by wirelesswendy / March 14, 2006 10:50 PM PST

sharp eye neocon

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?