Phones forum

General discussion

T-mobile

by gadgetman007 / July 29, 2006 12:39 AM PDT

im am switching to t-mobile and dont know which phone to choose. Right now im thinking about the razr and the motorola v360. any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: T-mobile
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: T-mobile
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
pretty much the same....
by jgvillan / July 29, 2006 5:15 PM PDT
In reply to: T-mobile

The functionality of both the RAZR and the V360 is the same. Other than the RAZR is thinner, but the the V360 is smaller. I have a V360, and my brother has a RAZR. Both pretty much works the same, offers the same type of games, ring tones (polyphonic and MP3), internal antenna, and so one. The same type of tedious moto software, where you need to 'go here and here to get to there' type of thing. Both offers bluetooth, VGA camera and speakerphone capabilities. So like I said....comes to what kind of style you like. Flat/wide and thin, or the "Not so" flat nor thin, and alittle narrow. I would say this though. If you are not really into the Thin craze, you be OK with the cheaper priced V360. As for the RAZR, because of it's size, the RAZR has a larger screen.

I hope that this helps alittle and good luck.

Collapse -
battery life
by jefs / July 30, 2006 3:09 AM PDT

We have both the v360 and razr but the battery life of the v360 is much better. I prefer the v360, my teenagers prefer the razr.

Collapse -
text???
by gadgetman007 / August 2, 2006 6:12 AM PDT

is it easier to text on the razr or the v360??

Collapse -
Larger buttons, better texting...
by jgvillan / August 2, 2006 2:38 PM PDT
In reply to: text???

I hate to be an advocate for both sides, however, both phones are pretty responsive. However, because the RAZR is bigger, it has bigger buttons, thus easier to text really fast. With the V360, I slow down, and kinda funble my fingers through the keypad. So, again, depends on your asthetics and comfort.

Hope that this helps, and good luck.

Collapse -
Thanks
by gadgetman007 / August 4, 2006 11:47 AM PDT

thanks for all the help you given me...

right now i have my mind set on the motorola v360

i have just a couple more questions before i purchase it.

Do they sell faceplates for the v360?
Can you play music on speaker and headphones?
And does the external display turn into a camera?

thanks alot

Collapse -
Yes, Sort of Yes, No
by jgvillan / August 4, 2006 1:44 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

For your questions:

1: Yes, but they are not 'official' faceplates. I always see them like in EBay.

2: Yes, has an MP3 player that you can play either on the speaker, headphones, but not in BlueTooth. This would be the same for ringtones in BlueTooth mode. Speaking of headphones, you either need the USB headphones with mini-usb jack from Motorola, or the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter for regular headphones.

3: No, the V360 has the external mono-display. Thus can't be used as a self-portrait mirror or display pic ID. Only the internal screen can do that.

Good luck

Collapse -
Also???
by gadgetman007 / August 4, 2006 1:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

How is the mp3 player?

what is the highest memory campacity? is it 1gig or 512 mb?
i read somewhere that the highest was 512mb but wasnt sure if the perosn wrote that after the 1gig mirco sd came out.

thanks again!!

Collapse -
It does has an MP3....
by jgvillan / August 4, 2006 1:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Also???

It does have an MP3 player. And yes, officially, it can retain up to 512MB TransFlash memory. However, you are right and that was it's official statement from Motorola, before the 1GB came out. I suspect that it can read a 1GB, but I dont use my cell as an MP3 player (just for ringtones), so I just can't tell you if it would work or not. I got the 'unlocked' version of the V360, so it came with a 64MB card. I have no clue as to what TMobile has in their package.

Hope that this helps and good luck.

Collapse -
Its not an IPOD, but it plays MP3 ok.....
by jgvillan / August 4, 2006 4:49 PM PDT
In reply to: It does has an MP3....

Its not an IPOD, but it can play decent MP3. Create playlists, random play, basic equlizers, stop, pause, forward and reverse, all that stuff. I basically use it to play and test my MP3s that I use as my ringtones.

Hope that this answers your needs and good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?