Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

SYSTYM GLITCHES

by forbeskd / April 1, 2004 11:07 AM PST

Been having trouble with my PC, Pentium III 850 MHZ, Windows ME. System was running real slow, slow to reboot/boot up. Tried defragging the system, which did not seem to work, so I thought about a possible virus. Tried to update my Norton but was unsuccessful so I purchased Norton 2004 Professional. Uploaded it, checked for new updates and installed them and it was working fine, found "several" viruses, deleted all but still affecting 4 files; Belt.exe, Bi.dll, Biprep.exe and GatorStubSetup.exe. The threat being AdWare.binet and Adware.gator)
Shut down my computer and the next day, Mouse would not work, Norton had an error and said to remove/reinstall and Zone Alarm Pro 4 was not running. After several reboots I got the mouse to work but still had the other errors. Try to go into Install/Remove programs and the items list is empty, does not show any programs what so ever to be removed.
Found the .exe for the Zone Alram and started it up but when I opened it up it was a blank shell as well.
What can I do to remove the Norton program and to reinstall it as well as getting the system back up and running other than Slicking the hard drive?? I knew of Norton Disk doctor before but do not know of any such programs today.
Any and all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

vr/
Aggravated

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SYSTYM GLITCHES
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SYSTYM GLITCHES
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:SYSTYM GLITCHES
by Josh K / April 2, 2004 5:32 AM PST
In reply to: SYSTYM GLITCHES

You need to clean the parasites off your machine. Download Ad-Aware AND Spybot, then update and run both. You may also want to disable ZoneAlarm until you get the rest sorted out.

Collapse -
Re:SYSTYM GLITCHES
by ozzy1313 / April 4, 2004 2:06 PM PDT
In reply to: SYSTYM GLITCHES
Collapse -
Re:Re:SYSTYM GLITCHES
by Aivas / April 6, 2004 4:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:SYSTYM GLITCHES

Ozzy:

This link no longer exists.

Bob K

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.