General discussion

system shuts down

I was surfing on some gaming sites,thn suddenly system hapen to shut down,without any warning.
now i face following problem
1. system shuts down anytime after i start[after 5 min to 2hrs or more]
2. tying errors.. it dispalys `1 if i click 1, 54 if i click 5,67 if i click 6,=8 if i click8, -0 for 0 n many more...numeric pad is alright
3.refreshing with f5 doesnt work.
4.ctrl+alt+del doesnt open task manager.[can only open through task bar]
i m using windows xp.

plz help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: system shuts down
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: system shuts down
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sounds like a virus.

To find out if you got a virus or malware of some sort, do this:

1. Try going to microsoft.com and mcafee.com. If you get errors, you almost definitely have a virus, as many viruses block you from going to Microsoft or well-known antivirus providers (such as Mcafee).

2. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to try and remove the threat. If it doesn't let you download it, download it on a different computer and transfer it to the infected computer with a flash drive. If it won't run, rename it to something else other than mbam-setup-[number].exe.

Good luck, tell us how you make out.

- Collapse -
Helpful Tip

Hey there,

Same thing happened with my computer, i tried your tip and guess what it worked out well for me.. I actually found this forum to be very useful.. I only came here to ask for a solution, and found one already..Thank you so much!

CNET Forums

Forum Info