Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

System Restore/I.E.Tool bar

Hello all,

My system restore never sets check points.Yes it is turned on. Even when I have created restore points it does not keep them. I have tried settings from min. to max with no luck? There are no bold dates and only one restore point at any given time. Any suggestions?

Ever since installing the new XP SP2, Yesterday I have a new IE tool bar at the bottom of my monitor. It is not the regular tool bar which has the auto hide, clock, start ect... I am able to use auto hide on my menu bar and my lower tool bar but cannot figure out how to lose the IE bar? Nothing opens up on a right click? The bar shows when there are pop ups? I have a laptop so its very annoying.

Thanks very much, Daniel

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: System Restore/I.E.Tool bar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: System Restore/I.E.Tool bar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: System Restore/I.E.Tool bar

In reply to: System Restore/I.E.Tool bar

If it appears when popup are shown, it's time to read some popup related articles:

Q843016 -"How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in Internet Explorer"

Q843015 -" Pop-up windows appear with Pop-up Blocker turned on in Windows XP Service Pack 2"

Block Pop-up Windows with Internet Explorer

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Collapse -
OK-Proper terminology is "Status Bar".

In reply to: Re: System Restore/I.E.Tool bar

Thanks Cetin and all, I have figured out the way to descibe the problem. Well not really a problem just bothersome. If I click onto "view" and uncheck "Status bar" I lose the bar at the bottom. This is desirable since I use a laptop. However I also always use "Full Screen" and when using "Full Screen" I get the status bar back. Is there any way of not having the status bar in full screen mode. Thanks,Dan

Collapse -
Re: OK-Proper terminology is "Status Bar".

In reply to: OK-Proper terminology is "Status Bar".

From your description your IE Status Bar is properly working. For the Full Screen anomaly, read the following excerpt regarding SP2:

A Blocked "add-on" icon appears in the Internet Explorer status bar when a Web page attempts to "run" an ActiveX control that is disabled or blocked because its publisher is untrusted. You can double click the icon to open Manage Add-ons and change the ActiveX settings if required. (The status bar icon is accompanied by a balloon tip the first five times it appears.)

So, you'll have to find yourself the culprit. From IE, click Tools, Manage Add-ons and try disabling those items one by one.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Cetin-Mission Accomplished...

In reply to: Re: OK-Proper terminology is "Status Bar".

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.