Question

SYSTEM RESTORE ERROR.

VISTA SETTINGS HAVE MOVED, ESPECIALLY IN MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS CANT SEND ATTACHMENTS DIRECT FROM MY DOCUMENTS FOLDERS, THIS JUST STARTED 2 DAYS AGO.

I WENT INTO TRY SYSTEMS RESTORE BUT DISCOVERED THERE WAS A PROBLEM SHOWING UP, UNEXPECTED ERROR/ EVENT LOG. OX 81000202, ALSO WENT INTO START AND INTO SYSTEMS FOLDER WHICH SHOULD SYSTEMS RESTORE DISABELLED YET I HAVE NOT TOUCHED ANY OF THESE BUTTONS. WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE ??? ITS A DELL MACHINE WINDOWS VISTA 32, HOME PREMIUM
HELP..

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: SYSTEM RESTORE ERROR.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SYSTEM RESTORE ERROR.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Can you re-write this?

All caps was hard enough but when I read " WENT INTO START AND INTO SYSTEMS FOLDER WHICH SHOULD SYSTEMS RESTORE DISABELLED" it looks like a typographic or other word error.

Maybe you have Norton installed, maybe this caught some malware and it's been removed or not but your post is too hard to read.
Bob

- Collapse -
system restore error etc.

SORRY FOR THE ERRORS WAS TO QUICK IN SENDING IT.

it should have read the system restore function is showing the error 0x 81000202. also discovered other malfunctions within my system now. I ran spy pot search&destroy it found 9 adware viruses, i did manage to clean them all out with spy bot, but ithey have attacked my system.first my system restore not working,no2 my windows mail not working 3 my anti virus AVG is not being allowed to download, and as far as i know the last one is the updates for windows not updating as per normal.
can you help a friend told me i may have to clean sweep my system but im reluctant to do that myself as im just a learner,

thanks for your help.. its a dell dimension E520, SYSTEM WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT HOME PREMIUM

- Collapse -
No shouting please.

And Spybot is our old advice. Try Grif's advice at 7726-6132_102-5098912.html?tag=posts;msg5099421

Bob

- Collapse -
Windows Restore Error...

You seems to be SOUND in addressing Windows restore error. When ever I update something my system used to backup all the files and will create a restore point. Since the update was done I have faced many problems with some of my applications so I have decided to restore it. So I thought of restoring it from the backup which was stored a week back but I didn't find any information about the backup of last week except the one that happened a couple of hours back..where can I get old backup?

- Collapse -
Answer
SYSTEM RESTORE ERROR

hi, may be this is because some restoring files are missing or deleted by mistaken.

- Collapse -
system restore not working has been attacked by adware viruu

How can i tell which restore files are missing ?? help.

- Collapse -
Microsoft gave a tool for that.

It's called SFC and by typing VISTA SFC you can find better articles than what I can write.
Bob

CNET Forums