General discussion

System Restore and Boot Time

i have just done a system restore. Before the restore my computer took about 1m30secs. to boot up but not it is done in under a minute. should i be worried about this shorter amount of time? its not booting up faster because there is less programs that start up at boot time because the restore i did was not during the time that i intalled a program that would.

can anyone help me?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: System Restore and Boot Time
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: System Restore and Boot Time
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re System Restore and Boot Time

Something happened between the time you restored to; and time you made the restore. You are not happy about the shorter boot time ? What made you want to restore ? How long to the past did you roll back to ? A few days ? A week ? What did you do to your computer during this time- changed settings, deleted files, downloaded..., installed... ?

- Collapse -
I am happy

i am happy about the shorter boot time, it just seems weird. i rolled back about 3 hours before on the same day. I did a restore because i intalled a program that i did not like and it didnt not have an unintaller.

- Collapse -
longer boot time

now for some reason my boot time has gone up to just under 2 mins. whats going on?

CNET Forums

Forum Info