Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

System Resources

Keep getting message system resources low.Windows 2000 had extra memory installed just had health check and pc world couldn't help.Would appreciate any advise on how to solve this problem.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: System Resources
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: System Resources
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
When exactly do you get this message?

In reply to: System Resources

It doesn't have anything to do with the amount of RAM, I think, but it wouldn't harm at all if you tell something more on the machine also: amount of RAM, total and free disc space and what applications are running when you get this message.
And it might help also if you post the full and exact text of the message.

Kees

Collapse -
System Resources

In reply to: When exactly do you get this message?

I get this message when I get on the net some times before I have even opened my E-mail or any other site.It also happens when I am just useing the computer for basic programs off line.I have just had more Ram installed an extra 256.
The message I receive says system resource low please close down opened programs before continuing.I am doing this every time I open my account on the net

Collapse -
For Windows 2000, set this item to 64M...

Collapse -
System Resources

In reply to: For Windows 2000, set this item to 64M...

Hi Bob.
My virtual mem is managed by windows,if I specify my own what settings do you recommend.Below is how it 's set out on my comp when I turn on specify my own settings.
Hard disc 8857 free
Min. 0
Max 8857
Thanks
Glenys

Collapse -
Very very odd. What OS is this?

Maybe you don't have Windows 2000?

Bob

Collapse -
System Resources

In reply to: Very very odd. What OS is this?

Got me wondering now checked my recovery disc says Windows Millenium.

Collapse -
Ahh, that explains it.

This is the Windows 2000 forum and ... what I've provided does not apply.

Try the OPTIMIZING WINDOWS articles at http://aumha.org/articles.php

There is NO CURE for Windows 95/98/ME resources. You can only optimize.

Bob

Collapse -
System Resources

In reply to: Ahh, that explains it.

Bob thanks for the last link taking notes.
Glenys

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.