Rant

SYSTEM MESSAGE WRITE FAULT ERROR PROBLEMS

Ok, I had the system message write fault error virus...did the steps and removed it from my computer. The problem is my start menu isnt the same,all my programs are pretty much gone,I can't open firefox,I had warcraft and now its gone also. I tried to system restore but its not letting me..Any input would be appreciated... Email is Chillin7771@yahoo.com

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: SYSTEM MESSAGE WRITE FAULT ERROR PROBLEMS
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SYSTEM MESSAGE WRITE FAULT ERROR PROBLEMS
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
If the damage is that deep

And you don't know how to uninstall/reinstall Warcraft or re-create menus and shortcuts, why not restore the machine from your last backup?
Bob

- Collapse -
System Restore wont help!!!

Hiya Savagev,

Guess the reason why you aren't able to restore is coz, "System Restore" on Windows only restores the settings but not data, i;e If you have a file that you had deleted, Performing a system restore wouldn't "Undelete" the file. But only restores the system settings to the point when the back up was created.

But here is something that I could dig up on customizing your Start Menu, http://www.techyv.com/questions/customize-start-menu-list-frequently-used-programs
Hope it'll help, If not reply n I'll try to do my best.
Cheers!!!

CNET Forums