General discussion

System Mechanic RUINS my computer, now constant SEND FEED?

I have had more disastrous troubles with Sys MEchanic than any piece of software except perhaps windows itself. SysMech 9.5 did an auto update and instead of updating, it did a complete reinstall. When the computer restarted I totally lost my XP Pro system and it would not repair nor would the last known good system run. I had to do a complete repair/reinstall of Windows and I have my computer back, removed SysM, and installed bitdefender.

HOWEVER, I am getting these constant Microsoft Synchronization Feeds Send dialog boxes every 2 minutes. And it is driving me nuts. I have to manually delete these or cancel out constantly.
What the heck is that and how do I disable the thing??

I suppose MS is going to tell me I have to get a new authorization code just for repairing my XP Pro...

PITA!

My Mac runs Win 7 just fine thank you very much. I'd like to use my XP laptop as a frisbee for all the trouble it has caused...

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: System Mechanic RUINS my computer, now constant SEND FEED?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: System Mechanic RUINS my computer, now constant SEND FEED?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Seems pretty clear

Seems pretty clear, you should avoid system mechanic in the future. Avoid all such programs in the future. When they aren't outright lying in their advertisements, they're usually doing things that are more likely to cause problems than resolve them. Be particularly wary of registry programs. Those more than anything have been the source of much woe to people.

At this point you may be left with few options besides formatting. Shouldn't be any activation worries so long as it's on the same system, just the hassle of reinstalling and configuring everything.

- Collapse -
System Mechanic

I too have experienced problems with system mechanic. It worked well for about a month then after running a repair I lost everything. I managed, after two days to get most of my system back but I still have to boot up with a system disk and I can no longer use the Windows Media Player. I get a "internal application error" message. Any suggestions??

CNET Forums