Desktops forum

General discussion

System Lags Due to Raise in Temperature , Core 2 Duo E4400 !

by dawebboy / January 28, 2009 9:40 PM PST

Hello every one

From the past few weeks I've been facing this issue, My PC lags a lot when i open huge applications like Adobe Photoshop (or) Dreamweaver . I Installed Speedfan and i came to know that my core's are reaching temp 50C when idle and when ever i open applications like photoshop/dreamweaver the core's temperature raises to 65-70C . i am totally afraid what to do ? any suggestions please

P.S : My cabinet has two built in fans to pull out the heat . but still i face the same issue .

Here is a link to the image taken from Speedfan

http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=core2duohn4.jpg

System Information generated by CPUZ .

http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBUa3ZPUzd3NUpMWEE9PQ

Thanks for reading my post . If you need any other info please reply back .

Dawebboy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: System Lags Due to Raise in Temperature , Core 2 Duo E4400 !
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: System Lags Due to Raise in Temperature , Core 2 Duo E4400 !
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Checked the CPU HS Fan for dust accumulation ?
by VAPCMD / January 28, 2009 10:21 PM PST
Collapse -
Cleaned the HeatSink , but still it lags .
by dawebboy / January 30, 2009 1:02 PM PST

hi

thanks for your response .

checked the cpu fan [heat sink] and cleaned it and i am happy to say that it decreased my temperature's for now . but still my speedfan shows that my Cores are at 35 C when idle and when i am using applications like photoshop / dreamweaver it goes upto 45C . is this thing related to heatsink ? i heard from one of my friends that i need to re apply the thermal paste on heatsink . is that true ?

one more issue is : is my system slowing down because of the HDD which i use is IDE and basically my motherboard supports sata Silly . what could be the reason guys .

thanks for your time

Collapse -
Possibilities...
by VAPCMD / January 31, 2009 12:21 AM PST

Heat problems could be related to thermal compound; to the HS Fan no longer making good contact with the CPU heat spreader or to insufficient case cooling/ventilation.

RE Lagging....have you checked your system for MALWARE or checked your STARTUP for unneeded programs ? They can have a significant affect on your system performance. Use something like MSCONFIG to see what's running at STARTUP... and you can disable all programs running at STARTUP or selected programs by unchecking boxes.

VAPCMD

Cleaned the HeatSink , but still it lags . - New!
by dawebboy - 1/30/09 9:02 PM
In reply to: (NT) Checked the CPU HS Fan for dust accumulation ? by VAPCMD

hi

thanks for your response .

checked the cpu fan [heat sink] and cleaned it and i am happy to say that it decreased my temperature's for now . but still my speedfan shows that my Cores are at 35 C when idle and when i am using applications like photoshop / dreamweaver it goes upto 45C . is this thing related to heatsink ? i heard from one of my friends that i need to re apply the thermal paste on heatsink . is that true ?

one more issue is : is my system slowing down because of the HDD which i use is IDE and basically my motherboard supports sata Silly . what could be the reason guys .

thanks for your time

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!