Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

system 32 virus

by ksullivan / January 24, 2006 7:25 AM PST

i have a windows xp and every time i turn on the computer a pop comes on and says that i have a system 32 error what is this and how do i fix it

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: system 32 virus
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: system 32 virus
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What is the exact error message ?
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 24, 2006 7:30 AM PST
In reply to: system 32 virus
Collapse -
system 32
by ksullivan / January 24, 2006 7:42 AM PST

it's a window once everything is up to pops up and it says that these files are hidden and if you click on it it has all the files in the whole computer

when i went to aol it said that it is a troj_sua.a trojan

i ran the anit-virus and it said that no files are effected and i also have spyware protection program running and the system for the anti-virus is mcafee virusscan

Collapse -
TROJ_SUA.A
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 24, 2006 8:02 AM PST
In reply to: system 32

Here is a write up from Trend Micro:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_SUA.A&VSect=T

I would suggest:

Check your windows task manager; normally
an active trojan will show in there ; select "end task" and close it.

Then go here: http://www.moosoft.com/products/cleaner/download/

and download The Cleaner Professional 4.1 - after download - look for UPDATES first then run it.

Or you could download the free trial version of TrojanHunter:

http://www.misec.net/

don't forget to UPDATE first before scanning!

HTH

Collapse -
thanks
by ksullivan / January 24, 2006 9:21 AM PST
In reply to: TROJ_SUA.A

ok i went to the trojanhunter adn downloaded it's now scanning and found so far one trojan thanks alot for you help

Collapse -
You're Welcome..... but don't forget..
by Marianna Schmudlach / January 24, 2006 9:47 AM PST
In reply to: thanks
Collapse -
help
by ksullivan / January 25, 2006 6:54 AM PST

ok i went all through the steps of downloading the trojanhunter and then i did what the website said about purge the system and i went and restarted the computer and then pop up of system 32 still came up what do i do and i do i fix this crazy problem

Collapse -
Re: help
by Tufenuf / January 25, 2006 7:08 AM PST
In reply to: help

ksullivan, Is it actually your Sustem32 folder that is appearing at startup? If it is do the following if you have a Dell Dimension computer with a factory installed Creative Labs Audigy2 sound card open the MSCONFIG utility (Start/Run type in MSCONFIG click OK) and deselect (uncheck) the /L:ENG entry from
the STARTUP tab, click Apply, click OK and restart your computer.

If you don't have a Dell Computer go to the link below and download & run the "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" vbs Fix. It's Number 260 in the right side column. It has worked for others. Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

"NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry".

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Tufenuf

Collapse -
help
by ksullivan / January 25, 2006 7:31 AM PST
In reply to: Re: help

how do i know if it has the creative lab audigy2 sound card

Collapse -
by Tufenuf / January 25, 2006 7:37 AM PST

Did you go to Start>Run the type in MSCONFIG and click OK. Look under the Startup tab and see if there's a /L:ENG entry. If there is deselect (uncheck) the /L:ENG entry from
the STARTUP tab, click Apply, click OK and restart your computer.

Tufenuf

Collapse -
help
by ksullivan / January 25, 2006 7:42 AM PST

no this computer doesn't have that

Collapse -
thanks
by ksullivan / January 25, 2006 8:15 AM PST

thanks i got it fixed i went to start/run and typed mconfig and then i had to disable all the files that had " do them

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Glad to see it's fixed
by Tufenuf / January 25, 2006 8:30 AM PST
In reply to: thanks
Collapse -
help
by ksullivan / January 25, 2006 7:41 AM PST

i tried to download the system you advised and it wouldn't allow me to do anything and that it won't fix the problem any other suggestions

Collapse -
by Tufenuf / January 25, 2006 7:51 AM PST

What exactly happened when you downloaded the vbs file and double clicked it to run it? Did you get any message and if you did what was it?

Tufenuf

Collapse -
You may wish to read..
by Carol~ Moderator / January 25, 2006 7:35 AM PST
Collapse -
Forgot to add second link..
by Carol~ Moderator / January 25, 2006 7:39 AM PST
In reply to: You may wish to read..

http://ask-leo.com/why_does_my_system32_folder_open_when_i_log_in.html

Collapse -
Having the same problem....
by MALESSA / January 28, 2006 9:16 AM PST

Did you ever get this solved? If so - HOW!!!????

Collapse -
RE: Having the same problem....
by Tufenuf / January 28, 2006 10:05 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.