General discussion

syncmaster b2230hd

I just got this HDTV/monitor. I have it hooked up via hdmi for both computer and satellite. The TV part looks great but the cleartype on the PC side is bleedy. I have tried every setting I know of but nothing helps. It is clearly worse than any other monitor I have every had.

does anyone know of a way to make my fonts better? thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: syncmaster b2230hd
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: syncmaster b2230hd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I own the 2333HD

And if I don't get my PC settings just right I might write the same complaint. On my display I have to make sure my PC is putting out the 1920x1080 60Hz signal or else.

Hope this helps. But my question is this. Has the days of fiddly things passed us by? That is, is it time for everything to be like an iPad where you can't set things wrong (most of the time.)
Bob

- Collapse -
Found something

I helped things somewhat by going into AMD graphics control center and changing the pixel format under digital flat panels. This helped the fonts but I still haven't found the overall settings that I am happy with. But at least the lettering isn't all broken up.

- Collapse -
finally figured it out

I had to go into the AMD graphics control center and force the 1080p @ 60 refresh rate. I had assumed it was already there I guess. When I did that things looked right.

- Collapse -
Thanks for that.

The laptops I'm using today have the Nvidia chips and the other with the ATI worked fine. At the office I can access more laptops but for now I have the old Samsung RC512 (Nvidia) and some HP with that ATI v550.
Bob

CNET Forums