Question

Syncing Itunes in Windows 7 Causes My Laptop to go to sleep

I am just about at my wits end. I have been trying to sync iTunes version 10.7 with my ipad in Windows 7. I have tried just about everything I can think of and it still goes to sleep or crashes where I have to restart everything when I hit the power buttion. I would really appreaciate any help regardeing this issue. I have been struggling with it for over a week now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neal

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Syncing Itunes in Windows 7 Causes My Laptop to go to sleep
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Syncing Itunes in Windows 7 Causes My Laptop to go to sleep
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
I'd like to hear more about those crashes.

Error messages, story about this PC, etc.

- Collapse -
More Detail n Crashes

I will start a sync to download movies or photos from my itunes library to my iPad. The sync starts and may will run for 5 or 6 minutes or even longer and then for no reason the screen goes blank and then the power turns off. It is not in sleep mode because it will not wake up when I hig the enter key. When I press the poser button I get a windows screen that asks me if I want to start windows in a normal mode or do I want to start it in safe mode. I select normal mode and windows starts up with all my apps tht were running when the screen went blank are no longer running. I have checked the power settings to make sure everything is set to never as directed by the discussions about power settings to disable sleep mode. This is about all I can tell you about what I am dealing with.

Thanks for your help.

Neal

- Collapse -
Still want to hear about this laptop. Make, Model etc.

I have a test setting and would like to hear about your canned air use.
Bob

- Collapse -
Laptop Info

I am running on a MacBook Pro using Bootcamp to run Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. The version of iTunes is 10.7 which supports Windows 7 64 bit. Not sure what else you are looking for.

Thanks

Neal

- Collapse -
Information like that.

It appears that details are not forthcoming so I'm going to write "take it to Apple's repair counter."

I wish that folk would understand that clues are needed for diagnosis but sometimes such is unavailable.

Good luck,
Bob

- Collapse -
Laptop Info

Hi Bob

I am not quite sure what additional info you are looking for regarding my laptop info. Could you be more specific and I will try to satisfy your request.

Thanks

Neal

- Collapse -
Sorry.

But without clues I can't continue. I know folk think this is tech support but it's person to person discussions and some folk don't want to tell all. I respect that.

I think this is an apple issue now.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks for your help

I really appreciate your interest in my problem. I will contact Apple and see if they can help me.

Have a good day...

Neal

CNET Forums