Samsung forum

Question

sync problem with my new LED SAMSUNG ue32eh5000k

by RobFeeley / November 27, 2012 9:55 AM PST

Hi there, i just bought a samsung ue32eh5000k hd led, the lip sync is out on pretty much everything i have tried which is:
freeview
dvds
xbox
xbox apps

This is getting me pretty annoyed as the tv wasnt cheap for me.

What can i do to sort this problem out it is very annoying.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: sync problem with my new LED SAMSUNG ue32eh5000k
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: sync problem with my new LED SAMSUNG ue32eh5000k
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: sync problem with my new LED SAMSUNG ue32eh5000k
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 27, 2012 11:30 PM PST

Hi RobFeeley,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know: if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for UK. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32EH5000KXXU

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
Just a thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 12:28 AM PST

I've seen this when the connections are video over HDMI and audio via analog. Perils of the new HD systems but you find that you can improve it by far too many ways than I can write here. Be sure to research this topic as it's not limited to this make or TV.

I think this is why those home theater setup companies are doing so well. They come out and set it all up.
Bob

Collapse -
still have problem
by RobFeeley / November 28, 2012 9:27 AM PST
In reply to: Just a thought.

Hey thanks for the reply please could you tell me a few ways? so far i have tried:
2 different HDMI xbox cables
1 HD xbox cable

Still out of sync Sad

Collapse -
For the XBox.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 9:35 AM PST
In reply to: still have problem

I didn't see you tell if the audio is over analog or optical. Also for the XBox I'd be selecting game mode in the Samsung to turn off all image processing. Sorry but I rarely see this issue today except for way too much badly encoded content. It's a shame there's so much crud with bad lip sync. How do you help folk with that?

Hope game mode helps.
Bob

Collapse -
audio over
by RobFeeley / November 28, 2012 9:55 AM PST
In reply to: For the XBox.

how do i find out if the audio is over analog or optical?

Collapse -
by RobFeeley / November 28, 2012 9:57 AM PST
In reply to: audio over

And this is my second tv, i phone the shop where i got it from and they offered to replace it with the same

Collapse -
If connected with just HDMI, that's all I need to read.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 1:32 PM PST
In reply to: ....

If the shop can't make good, ask for another model. It's pretty simple. You don't have a working set.
Bob

Collapse -
tv
by RobFeeley / November 28, 2012 8:39 PM PST

It cant be the second TV though. Its brand new.
I am not using the HDMI cable either I am using the xbox hd cable

Collapse -
So it's a COMPONENT connection?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 10:17 PM PST
In reply to: tv

Then you have possible setup issues. Call Samsung and have them verify the connections. Also, the XBox settings have to be verified as it could be sending the audio over optical.

I expect sync issues with such a setup. Try GAME MODE and using a HT Audio solution.
Bob

Collapse -
no idea
by RobFeeley / November 28, 2012 10:42 PM PST

phoned samsung up earlier on the phone for 21minutes, they was very un helpful. they said they dont really get problems with this model as it is a pretty new model. i told her it is my second one so cant be the tv and told her my friend has the same one from the same place and works fine.

she said she is going to get someone from samsung to phone me up in the next 24 hours to arrange a date to come see what is the deal with it.

I dont really want to be phoning them up again as the telephone cost will be rather expensive.

i just dont know what to do anymore, the sync is out on the freeview,xbox,dvds, starting to irritate me now

Collapse -
Then it's defective.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 11:46 PM PST
In reply to: no idea

It's time to cut bait and run it seems. If the shop or maker can't correct it, they get it back.
Bob

Collapse -
hmm
by RobFeeley / November 28, 2012 11:52 PM PST
In reply to: Then it's defective.

But its my second tv brand new like the 1st and my friends is the same from same place and his is fine...

Could it be my set up?

Collapse -
Yes it can.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2012 11:59 PM PST
In reply to: hmm

I noted the usual, Samsung and the store has not fixed it so this system is not working for you.

I'm not there so I can't check a thing but given the story and how the seller, maker has failed you, they get it back.

-> I didn't go into how lip sync isn't perfect or spot on. But most folk know that.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Send it back I'd say.
by EA_CNet / December 10, 2012 5:42 PM PST

I would be happy with just lip sync being wrong. I have had this TV for just gone 8 months and six weeks or so ago, it started resetting itself randomly. Whatever I was watching (Digital TV - Standard and HD; Internet TV; iPlayer; DVD/BluRay), whatever input cable (HDMI, Scart), whatever was plugged into it (Aerial only and various combinations of DVD, Internet). I have upgraded firmware and run through resetting the TV (inc. powering it down, waiting an hour and then starting it again) but it is still the same.

Samsung support in the UK is as good as useless for this TV. If you have proof of purchase, then take it back, especially if you have a 'no questions asked' retailer. This is for many reasons, but for me, under warranty Samsung will collect it when the TV is smaller than 32in, but an authorised Samsung repair centre will only collect it if is is 37in or greater. So this size of TV means it requires you to actually take it to the authorised repair centre yourself. Also, from other forums/sites on the web, when they repair it, the problems disappear for a week or two and then reappear again.

I have not got time in my week to take a TV to an authorised Samsung repair centre (they are not everywhere), only for it to get repaired into a state where the issue may return. So when I do get time to take this TV anywhere, it is going go to straight back to the store for a refund, so I can then forget about having to find another rare bit of spare time to collect the TV again. The stores are more abundant than the Samsung repair centres (so I don't have to drive it as far) and the issue is dealt with then. Given I get paid by the hour and it will take a half a day all in to sort it (wrap it, box it, drive it, hand it over and similarly on collection) it approaches two thirds of the cost of the TV that I lose in income. They refer to that as 'an inconvenience'. So all in all, I think this is a no brainer for me.

I have 3 out of 3 Samsung products that are failing me at the moment, so I have written them off as a bad job, longevity wise. I work in tech and if people ask for my opinion on Samsung, that's what I will tell them. It's the result of a real world test after all.

Collapse -
agree
by RobFeeley / December 10, 2012 6:49 PM PST
In reply to: Send it back I'd say.

totally agree with you there. i did take it back and i bought the es5500 smart. what a surprise!
this seems to be faulty. it makes a high pitched squeek from the top left of the tv if you are facing it when watching tv, when the tv screen goes darker it gets louder. and the tv feels very laggy when playing xbox 360

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?