HolidayBuyer's Guide

PC Applications forum

General discussion

Symantec support

by lablover / December 17, 2004 7:02 AM PST

Is anyone else have trouble contacting Symantec technical support for Norton Internet Security?
Every time I call, IF I can get someone on the phone, their English is so bad I cannot communicate with them. They will put you back on the que so someone else can talk to you and it is no better. Eventually no one answers, while you are on hold and I hang up.

They remind us of their award winning 24/7 support but I don't see it from my experience. I'll try again and if it does not improve, I'll go back to Zone Alarm.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Symantec support
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Symantec support
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Symantec support
by Echo2 / December 17, 2004 7:17 AM PST
In reply to: Symantec support

Go to the Symantec website and in the Feedback section post your complaint. Outsourcing is an unacceptable business practice. It seiously compromises customer support which is a key ingredient in the purchase of software.

Best,

Collapse -
77% thumbs down at...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 17, 2004 7:18 AM PST
Collapse -
Symantec
by jhall49 / December 17, 2004 10:43 AM PST
In reply to: 77% thumbs down at...

I will agree with Bob. After using Norton for a long time, and being very happy with the software for many years. At this time their support has become extremely bad. I am thinking that I will have to change antivirus programs so that I can get customer support when I need it.
Jonathan

Collapse -
I also agree with Bob
by keyhoti2 / December 17, 2004 12:34 PM PST
In reply to: Symantec

I switched to McAfee about a year ago and though I have heard complaints about them too, I have never had a significant problem myself, e.g. I find that I have much more personal control and much more access to "help" than I ever had thro' Norton.

Maybe just personal experience ... maybe everyone has to "suck it and see" to some extent ... and what works for one person may not work for another.

Collapse -
Symantec support
by RAINMAN7 / December 28, 2004 7:44 AM PST

I'M GLAD TO SEE I AM NOT ALONE. MY LIVEUPDATE IS FUBARBED, WHEN I TRIED TO GO TO THE SUPPORT WEB PAGE IT CANNOT BE FOUND. WHAT GIVES?

RAINMAN

Collapse -
symantec support and their 2005 products
by Seajetski / January 29, 2005 8:56 AM PST

I too have had difficulty with their support. My average wait time is 1 hour. While they are difficult to understand, I find them quite polite. NIS 2005 has many problems and uninstalling it completely is a nightmare and very time consuming due to the poor support.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.