Cameras forum

General discussion

Swivel LCD cameras that doesn't use AA batteries?

Hello,

Will anyone be able to recommend me a camera with swivel/flip LCD screens, that does not use AA batteries?

Thank you so much!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Swivel LCD cameras that doesn't use AA batteries?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Swivel LCD cameras that doesn't use AA batteries?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Articulate LCD cameras

In reply to: Swivel LCD cameras that doesn't use AA batteries?

Don't limit yourself by what battery it uses.
I have cameras with AA batteries and Lithium batteries.
No noteworthy difference.
I don't limit my camera selection based on battery type.

That said......here goes:

I will mention Articulate LCD not "swivel".
Because all moveable LCDs do not move in the same manor.

I did not list DSLR cameras because all articulate LCD DSLR cameras use lithium batteries.

Canon TX1
Fujifilm S100fs
Nikon S10
Sony H9, R1, M2

and that is it.
Most Articulate LCD cameras use AA batteries.

Collapse -
I see

In reply to: Articulate LCD cameras

Hi snapshot2,

Thank you for your suggestions! However, I'm very particular about AA batteries because I'm tired of its heaviness after being added to the camera body. So I now prefer Li-ion types as they're way lighter.

I've gone through all the cameras you've suggested. I'll be checking them out in the stores. I'd like to have more suggestions from you though, I really appreciate it!

Here's some things that I'd like to be included in the camera.. if you have any cameras in mind please tell me..!

1) Articulate LCD screen
2) Li-ion batteries, good battery life
3) Good macro
4) at least 28mm wide..
5) No minimum video length
6) Zoom-able while video recording

Collapse -
couldn't find one

In reply to: I see

Many of the manufacturers have given up on the flippable LCD. Now you could get everything you wanted except for the video, but you'd be buying a DSLR.

If you wanted everything but the 28mm then you can still purchase the Panasonic FZ50.

Collapse -
I got one

In reply to: Swivel LCD cameras that doesn't use AA batteries?

I would check out the Sony DSC-H50. It have a movable lcd, lithium ion battery, big zoom and full manual settings.

Collapse -
Wow

In reply to: I got one

Thanks so much!

Collapse -
No problem.

In reply to: Wow

I hope that one works out for you. Its on sale at Amazon with free shipping. The LCD doesn't flip all the way around, but it is very adjustable. It's a great camera, I almost bought one but decided on the Panasonic LZ18 instead (it was about $100 cheaper).

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.