Samsung forum

Question

Switching sound with source for UE40ES5500KXXU SMART TV

by nickhiggins / September 1, 2012 5:46 PM PDT

I am a user of two hearing aids and use a siemens mini tek

http://w1.hearing.siemens.com/uk/04-products/20-minitek/02-connectivity/connectivity.jsphttp:

and a blue tooth transmitter to connect to the mini tek form the bakc of the tv

//w1.hearing.siemens.com/uk/04-products/20-minitek/04-accessories/accessories.jsp

The bluetooth transmitter streams sound to my blue tooth streamer aka mini tek directly to my hearing aids. I have my own personal surround sound and can have the tv volume appropriate to my needs and normal hearing people can set the volume at a different level.

I have the bluetooth transmitter plugged into a scart adpter at the back of the tv. and it transmits the Tv source sound excellently. When I chnage the tv source to HDMI one which is a bt vision box, sound form the box is heard through the tv speakers but through my blue tooth transmitter I get the TV source.

The only solution I have to this is to plug the bluetooth transmitter into the back of the BT vision box. This is frustrating as I have to move the TV table to do this.

If I pug the bluetooth transmitter into the earphone jack when I siwtch the sound source I get the sound swithced, but no one else in the room can hear the TV.

Is there a way of switching the sound source? My previous TV went from TV to AV1 soutce no problem. I hope this makes sense, my smart Tv does not appear to be as smart as it can be.

I hope this makes sense. Can any one offer a solution?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Switching sound with source for UE40ES5500KXXU SMART TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Switching sound with source for UE40ES5500KXXU SMART TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sadly
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2012 3:11 AM PDT

Since it's a pretty complicated setup I'd arrange for a good audio or home theater technician to come in and design then implement a solution for you.
Bob

Collapse -
Cheers Bob
by nickhiggins / September 2, 2012 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Sadly

Thinking it should be simple. The blue tooth transmitter just plugs into the red or white audio socktes, or the earphone socket( but then others in the room cannot hear sound) or in its current usage in the red or white sockets of a scart adapter.
Only in the earphone socket does switching the source switch the sound.
With the blue tooth transmitter in the audio outputs or the scart adapter I can hear the TV source, switch source and the other source plays through the TV speakers.
this is just bizarre, one would expect that switching source would allow the sound source to go with it!
Audio equipment manufacturers need to be aware of stuff out there for hearing aid users and need to liaise with product developers. These smart TV's do not appear to be as smart as they are advertised.

Collapse -
Sadly such is the stuff of home theater systems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 2, 2012 9:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Cheers Bob

And all the ones I've seen are custom jobs. A savvy owner with technical skills could probably do this (actually they should do that!) but look at the list of what you wanted then look at the offerings. It's not an out of the box system.

One of the recurring pieces of these custom systems is a touch pad and the lower end units using a Logitech Harmony (which is by no means a low end device!)

The folk that set it up, design it all and then program a pad or Harmony to send all the commands to the receivers and players and switches.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?