Samsung forum

Rant

Switching Netflix user on Samsung Blu-ray

by DaveRCT / March 27, 2015 5:11 AM PDT

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find how to switch users on the same Netflix account via a Samsung Blu-ray. If I deactivate the account on the blu-ray and log on to netflix under my user name and then activate Netflix again it always shows the same user instead of mine. You should be able to switch the user on the Blu-ray but I don't think you can. Any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Switching Netflix user on Samsung Blu-ray
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Switching Netflix user on Samsung Blu-ray
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Netflix writes:
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 27, 2015 5:24 AM PDT
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23876

"Using Netflix on your Samsung TV or Blu-ray player"

"Begin from the Netflix home screen.
Navigate up and select Settings or the Gear icon .
Select Sign out.
Select Yes to confirm.
You will now be given the option to sign in as a different Netflix member."
Collapse -
Still doesn't work
by DaveRCT / March 28, 2015 2:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Netflix writes:

Every time I try and sign in through the blu-ray it always defaults to user 1 instead of user 3. I tried exiting out of Netflix on my laptop and going back in under user 3 but the blu-ray always links to user 1. That older link you also provided didn't help.

Collapse -
Sounds like a bug.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 28, 2015 2:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Still doesn't work

Samsung and Netflix must answer next. I'd call it in and if the answer is unsatisfactory, exchange it.
Bob

Collapse -
Ok
by DaveRCT / March 28, 2015 4:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Sounds like a bug.

Thanks. Is it 1-800-Samsung ?

Collapse -
(NT) In the USA it is.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 28, 2015 4:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Ok
Collapse -
more info
by renegade600 / March 28, 2015 5:15 AM PDT

are you talking about a user within the same account or a completely separate account? What player model? I will assume it is all within one account. I have a samsung player and when accessing netflix, though I am auto logged in, it will go to a screen that has my account, kids account and add new user (not exact wording). so it seems if a new user is added, their profile would appear on that screen.

One thing you can try to do. reset your player to factory default and setup your account. also make sure the player has the latest updates.

Collapse -
Yes, same account
by DaveRCT / March 28, 2015 9:40 AM PDT
In reply to: more info

Same account different user. It doesn't give me an option to change the user and always defaults to user 1. Ive tried to reset but to no avail. As far as I can tell it has the latest update.

Collapse -
This would be a Netflix question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 28, 2015 10:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes, same account

Samsung is like Dell here. Their product hosts an app. Get back to the app's author on this one. I've seen trouble switching accounts but your question is not accounts but users. Ask Netflix if they implemented that.
Bob

Collapse -
Maybe this is streaming device dependant.
by Oldartq / March 28, 2015 6:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Yes, same account

I have a fairly old Samsung BRP and it doesn't have that select on my netflix start screen either. I can have multi-user on my computer though. So it seem only one user list only.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!