General discussion

Switching between a domain and workgroup...

Due to my work and a home network, I need to switch back and forth between a domain and a workgroup. I'm running XP Pro. However, I don't want two separate sets of files and preferences. Currently, I am working off my domain. How can I tell my workgroup to access the same files and preferences as my domain? I don't want to have two sets of folders that synchronize each other either. My hard drive is not big enough to handle that. Thanks!!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Switching between a domain and workgroup...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Switching between a domain and workgroup...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You had two answers in the original thread ...

Because you?re working in an Office ? Home context, ask your Office admin guy.

Here?s the standard answer:

Q283676 - How to use the Alternate Configuration feature for multiple network connectivity in Windows XP

P.S. In the future, don?t open a new thread for the same problem and more than that, answer to the replies (show respect).

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

- Collapse -
Hmmm...

Not quite sure what you meant about posting new threads for the same problem. I did post something a few days ago, and while similar, I felt this is was a different issue. I'm with you on the relpy's and thanks for replying to this thread.

I'm not really try to solve the issue of multiple connectivity with this issue. I'm trying to make sure that when I log into different profiles I see the same folders and preferences. I want to make sure each profile looks at the same folders, not just synchronizing folders.

Any suggestions?

- Collapse -
The office solution is...
- Collapse -
Re: Hmmm...

The user's customizations for files and folders are kept in the registry. You can read the registry keys and another collateral info from this message.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

- Collapse -
I'll check this out...

Thanks

CNET Forums

Forum Info