Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Swift boat vet ('no Kerry fan') supports Kerry's account

Swiftboat Crewman: Kerry Boat Took Fire.

>>[Lambert] says not only did they come under enemy fire but also that his own boat commander, who has challenged the official account, was too distracted to notice the gunfire.... Lambert, of Eagle Point, Ore., got a Bronze Star for pulling his boat commander ? Lt. Larry Thurlow ? out of the Bay Hap River on March 13, 1969. Thurlow had jumped onto another swiftboat to aid sailors wounded by a mine explosion but fell off when the out-of-control boat ran aground. <<

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Swift boat vet ('no Kerry fan') supports Kerry's account
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Swift boat vet ('no Kerry fan') supports Kerry's account
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'll give the Swift Boaters credit for this:

In reply to: Swift boat vet ('no Kerry fan') supports Kerry's account

They (and everyone chomping at the bit to believe their tales) have managed to steer the campaign completely away from the real issues, and I even fell into the trap for awhile, but now I'm hoping this silliness will die already. The Swift Boaters's stories are just as full of holes as their boats were.

Collapse -
Re: Swift boat vet ('no Kerry fan') supports Kerry's account

In reply to: Swift boat vet ('no Kerry fan') supports Kerry's account

"'I thought we were under fire, I believed we were under fire,' Lambert said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

'Thurlow was far too distracted with rescue efforts to even realize he was under fire. He was concentrating on trying to save lives.'"

Not a very DEFINITIVE statement as anyone who has actually been on the receiving end can tell you. One doesn't "think" one "knows" by the sound of the rounds. There is NOTHING so unmistakable as the crack of an incoming round not the slap if it actually hits something near you as would be the case on a 50 foot aluminum boat.

The March '69 "Navy Report" being ballyhooed by the AP reporters would quite naturally reflect what was written by Kerry in the AAR, pretty much as the Globe Reporters and Kerry's biographer reflected Kerry's being in Cambodia on Christmas Eve of '68. They reflect what they have for input to work with.

As a "Loyal Kerry Supporter" why don't you ask that he release his complete Military records as well as his daily journal. That should satisfy everyone as any inconsistencies would come to light such as his mentioning in the journal that he had not yet been under fire in an entry AFTER he claimed to be wounded for his first Purple Heart.

Never mind, because as a "Loyal Kerry Supporter" such a release would most likely prove embarrassing to both the candidate and his ardent apologists.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.