I trust(ed) C-Net explicitly until I was trying to find software to rid my computer of sweet-painintheass and was infected twice more from the downloads from C-Net. I think (hope) I finally wiped it out. Here's how:
As a note, the first thing I did was delete all "sweet" extensions from Chrome and reset the browser (settings/advanced settings/reset browser). Then uninstalled Firefox and deleted the program files (c/program (x86). Then installed Explorer 10 to overwrite Explorer 9.
After that, I followed these steps:
1. Downloaded AVG antivirus, Unlocker, CCleaner and Malwarebytes
2. Cleared all anti-malware and anti-virus software on my computer, then loaded the 4 programs (in step 1)
3. Ran AVG and Malwarebytes, deleted all infections
4. Used Unlocker to delete Sweet Packs (IM and Updater under both program files (on C/program files/updatersweet and //program (x86)) and searched my hard drive for the word "sweet" and deleted using Unlocker
5. Searched my registry for the word "sweet" and deleted every entry (Start Menu, search "regedit", then ctr+F or edit-find)
6. Ran CCleaner to fix the registry
7. Ran AVG and Malwarebytes again.
8. Searched registry again and my computer for "sweet" (didn't find any)
So far, so good. Best of luck!