Cameras forum

General discussion

SVP Cameras 12MP play on greed...7MP value 4 money??

by robbiezuk / February 8, 2006 10:24 AM PST

SVP CAMERAS ARE CRAP???? 8610 or 7530
Has anyone bought either the 8610 or 7530 are they value for money?
I have read through some forums before buying one of these cameras and have a few comments

In all the sites I have been on, these 10 or 12 megapixel seem too good to be true for the money but all the ones I have been on do state that these are actually only 3 megapixel sensors that are interpolated to 12MP FOR PRINTING.

A few posts on here seem to be happy with their cameras these seem to be the ones with the 7 or 8MP like the 8610 or 7530 these have 5 or 6MP sensors which are interpolated only a couple of megapixels higher these seem very reasonably priced for a genuine 5MP camera

Two years ago I purchased a Fuji finepix F401 marketed as a 4MP recording camera on the box but also stated that it was 2.1MP effective camera as the sensor is only 2.1 MP but upon questioning this was informed it was a new technology to boost the sensor recordings with a high definition processor to effectively make it a 4MP picture.......the point is I havent noticed Fuji`s name slated everywhere as con merchants

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SVP Cameras 12MP play on greed...7MP value 4 money??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SVP Cameras 12MP play on greed...7MP value 4 money??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This member joined today to post favorable comments
by Kiddpeat / February 8, 2006 10:49 AM PST

for SVP cameras. Read it with a grain of salt.

Collapse -
FRESH OPINIONS OR LETS JUST KEEP MOANERS ON HERE
by robbiezuk / February 9, 2006 4:02 AM PST

I am not making favourable comments as I do not even own one of these cameras. I am just interested in finding out if the 5MP or 6MP cameras which interpolate into 7MP or 8MP cameras namely the 8610 or 7530 are value for money BEARING IN MIND WHAT THEY COST!!!!!!!!!!!!! As Im not taking photos for the front cover of HELLO magazine just yet.
And yes I have just joined is that a problem or is this forum only for the whingers who got their fingers burnt through the greed of thinking they would get a 12MP camera for peanuts? or can anyone join in who wants an informed opinion from anyone who owns these particular models??????????

Collapse -
INTERPOLATION COMPROMISES QUALITY
by buter / February 9, 2006 6:17 AM PST

Unless you intend to take pictures and blow them up to poster sizes and beyond, interpolation will just make your picture quality awful. Sure the image sensor is around 3 mp, but the interpolation means you can not capture a crisp un-blurred image on a small sized picture. Interpolation is a gimmick.

Collapse -
Any good without interpolation????
by robbiezuk / February 9, 2006 8:22 AM PST

This is what I am trying to find out, some of the svp cameras have sensors that are 5 and 6 megapixles. So without using the interpolation and only using the camera to the intended size of the sensor is the quality acceptable for the price of the camera?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Those who have it say no.
by Kiddpeat / February 10, 2006 12:44 AM PST
Collapse -
Honest questions are welcome. Shills are not. When you
by Kiddpeat / February 9, 2006 11:00 AM PST

jump in praising a camera that has been roundly criticized on the VERY DAY that you sign up, and exhibit a detailed knowledge of the cameras, and defend them from the criticism, and call those who have complaints moaners, then one begins to think that you are in the latter category attempting to intimidate.

I doubt that anyone here is going to advise you to buy one of these cameras, but, if they do, how will that make a difference in your decision?

Collapse -
product information
by robbiezuk / February 10, 2006 12:15 AM PST

In reading through all this forum there are a few and only a few people who say that the camera they purchased does not seem bad at all for picture quality and features. The model numbers they have got are the ones I mentioned in my last post with the higher rated megapixel sensor.
I am not here to create a defense for this camera I would like for a few people who have these model cameras for their opinion and if its generally positive yes I will be buying one of them, knowing full well that if I get it and its a waste of the few pounds it cost then.....hey! I have gone in with my eyes open and at least tried to research the product

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!