Cameras forum

General discussion

SVP CAMERA YOU NEED HELP

by svptechaid / February 2, 2006 9:45 AM PST

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH YOUR SVP CAMERA PLEASE E-MAIL
info@svp-tech.com
One of the SVP tech support person will help you on you camera tell them that you saw this on c|net and the model of the camera the you have. SVP is more then happy you have you with your camera.

THANK YOU

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SVP CAMERA YOU NEED HELP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SVP CAMERA YOU NEED HELP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mods. Can we halt or consolidate all the posts about this
by Kiddpeat / February 2, 2006 12:04 PM PST

camera? It really is tiresome to see it constantly at the top of the list, and now multiple threads have started.

Collapse -
SVP Assistance
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / February 2, 2006 11:25 PM PST

SVP is offering to provide support to people with questions. This can be a learning experience for us and for SVP.

Let's see if they can turn this thing around.
If they support their customers, we will get less traffic here.

Collapse -
Now you show up!
by mrobzo / February 3, 2006 9:57 PM PST

Look at all the post! What have you been doing? You have got to be kidding! Do you know how many people have you on their hit list for poor service and a substandard product? I think that most of these people want their money back so I hope you can be of service.

Collapse -
yes we can
by svptechaid / February 6, 2006 9:11 AM PST
In reply to: Now you show up!

yes we can help them on there camera but if they want there money back they need to contact the people or place that they got the camera from. but if they need help please contact us at info@svp-tech.com

thank you

Collapse -
You're kidding, right?
by camera_world / February 4, 2006 5:07 PM PST

This is laughable at best. You honestly think you can sucker your customers into thinking you're serious?

I sent you more than 1 email to that address stating I had a problem with compatibility with Windows XP. Do you know what your genius techs sent me back?

Here is some instruction for downloading photos to computer, it may help:

1. Install the camera driver, which can be found from the CD. (If you
are using Windows XP, the driver may already been installed)
2. Go to the PC Setting, make sure the camera is in Mass Storage mode,
not PC cam.
3. Turn on the Camera, and change it to ''Playback'' mode.
4. Connect the camera with computer using USB port.
5. The LCD display of the camera turns off automatically, and the
computer said that a new hardware attached would be detected.
6. Go to ''My Computer'', and you can find a new drive saying ''Removable
disk''. Double click it and you can find your pictures inside the folder.
Just copy them to your computer's hard disk.

Best Regards,
SVP Support

Silicon Valley Peripherals, Inc.
www.svp-tech.com

This is a cut and paste response about how to install the camera! This is unedited and totally copied from the email you sent. This is poor, poor service and doesn't even begin to address the issue I sent a long email about. Thanks for nothing.

Then you sent me another brilliant response to my email in response to this one. I stated you clearly did not read my original email and restated my problems. This is what your genius techs sent me:
Please take one photo and then send your digital camera to us for repair or replacement. In doing this, we can show you the photo as a proof if we are able to download it. And would you please include the following items in your package as well:

1. Problem description

2. Invoice from e-bay

3. Print your RMA number: 2710600202 on the package (Package received without an RMA number OUTSIDE the package will be processed with a lower priority)

Thank you very much for your patience. We would process it as soon as we receive your package.

Best Regards,

SVP Support

Silicon Valley Peripherals, Inc.

42307 Osgood Rd. Unit F

Fremont, CA 94539

www.svp-tech.com

If you're already incapable to responding responsibly, how am I to trust you in fixing a camera that does not work? Send it to you? HA! Send me my money and THEN you can have the hunk of junk back.

If this does not illustrate clearly enough that you completely lack ANY customer service skill, than perhaps it's time to give up and sell iPods or Bubble Gum.

Collapse -
if you
by svptechaid / February 6, 2006 9:35 AM PST
In reply to: You're kidding, right?

If you want your money back please contact the person or place that you got the camera from.
SVP can only replace and repair camera.

Thank you

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.