Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Suspicions confirmed??? Secret US plans for Iraq's oil.

Secret US plans for Iraq's oil before 9/11
By Greg Palast BBC Newsnight.

"The Bush administration made plans for war and for Iraq's oil before the 9/11 attacks, sparking a policy battle between neo-cons and Big Oil, BBC's Newsnight has revealed."

"Insiders told Newsnight that planning began "within weeks" of Bush's first taking office in 2001, long before the September 11th attack on the US."

Sure does explain a lot, including the Bush Administrations endless war of words from the beginning of the Administration and the quick linking of Iraq and Al Qaeda in the absence of any evidence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/4354269.stm

Say it ain't so George, say it ain't so. Yeah, right.

Rob Boyter

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Suspicions confirmed??? Secret US plans for Iraq's oil.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Suspicions confirmed??? Secret US plans for Iraq's oil.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
yup sure makes sence as why ol prices are so high

In reply to: Suspicions confirmed??? Secret US plans for Iraq's oil.

your so right lol but nice try

Collapse -
Curious about something in that article

in that the 'insurgents used this information to fire up the country to fight the coalition' (my wording).

Any thought to the possibility that this leaked information to insurgents could have been done deliberately in order to guarantee that they would all gather in one place to fight the coalition, which in effect took most of the pressure off other countries having to deal with their random attacks?

There have been many covert types of actions over history and this could actually have been one of those actions again as a strategic military plan.

It just seems strange to me that with all the rumors that were going around right from the beginning of the war in Iraq and since all of these parties knew about these 'meetings' and 'documents' laying out this oil "plan".....and with the election year for our Presidency at stake......why are these documents and statements just NOW coming to light when the opportunity to break this wide open has been there all along?

I think I'll wait for the movie.......

TONI

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) kerry can write the script how may retakes?

In reply to: Curious about something in that article

Collapse -
No,

No American (sane) officer would use his troops like that for bait

Collapse -
could have been done deliberately in order to guarantee

that they would all gather in one place to fight

The President said (I'm paraphrasing here) "we'll fight them on their soil"

The President invited them

Collapse -
But the icing on the cake

In reply to: could have been done deliberately in order to guarantee

to make sure they showed up for the 'party' would be to leak false info to them, doncha think? This article shows that the insurgents knew about the "plan" and acted on it.....and Bush's statement makes it seem like that 'plan' might have worked.

So what's your point? If I remember correctly, Bush didn't make that statement until quite a while after we got there and realized we were fighting the 'new' guys in town.

TONI

Collapse -
Liberal media

In reply to: But the icing on the cake

"retrofitting" history to fit their agenda

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Okay Duckman who do you listen to in the media?

In reply to: Liberal media

Collapse -
Why is it, that only the Liberals in SE......

In reply to: But the icing on the cake

see conspiracies all over the place???

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) they have tin foil stock?

In reply to: Why is it, that only the Liberals in SE......

Collapse -
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I think......

In reply to: (NT) they have tin foil stock?

I hear The Twilight Zone Theme song in the back ground;)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) lol or outer limits lol

In reply to: Hmmmmmmmmmmm, I think......

Collapse -
You read my mind:)

In reply to: (NT) lol or outer limits lol

It was my second choice;)

Collapse -
Perhaps because the President is a Republican at this point

In reply to: Why is it, that only the Liberals in SE......

in time. I clearly remember all the Republican conspiracy theories floating around Bill Clinton, having suffered through Rush Limbaugh, and a friends addiction to the more extreme Right wing theories, like the suspicious death of Vince Foster. (He was killed at the behest of the President because He Knew Too Much).

I don't think it was a conspiracy, but I don't think Geo. W. invaded Iraq on a whim either. I think he wanted to invade, and grabbed the first obvious opportunity that afforded itself. I also think that had things gone differently, a more settled Middle East and no 9/11 he mightn't have invaded at all. I don't see conspiracy, I see opportunism and a belief he was doing the right thing. I just dispute his judgement.

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
You dispute his judgment

In reply to: Perhaps because the President is a Republican at this point

I'm sure he'll take that under advisement Devil

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) for foreign affairs:)

In reply to: You dispute his judgment

Collapse -
The Bush Administration has made abundantly clear -

- heck, they've pretty much admitted - that they had not anticipated the insurgency at all, never mind how organized it would or would not be. The 1,500+ body bags should be enough illustration of how well planned this war was.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) yes and saddams 100,000 landfill is much more

In reply to: The Bush Administration has made abundantly clear -

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) List several of the best "Planned" wars

Collapse -
You do realize

that 1500 dead over a two year war is an amazingly low number compared to previous wars?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) or the 100,000 dead in mass grave from saddam

In reply to: You do realize

Collapse -
I'm sure the parents of the dead soldiers....

In reply to: You do realize

....will take great comfort in that, especially after seeing the Commander-in-Chief joke about the fruitless search for WMDs that got them killed.

Collapse -
No more so than

In reply to: I'm sure the parents of the dead soldiers....

the parents of kids who are molested and killed by our prison 'turn around' system that keeps letting these guys get a walk out the door to do it again.

You hear stories all the time about how these guys don't fair well in prisons, and other prisoners don't take kindly to them.....but most wind up getting out on parole so evidently even in prison, they live a safe and protected life while nothing gets done about protecting the kids from them once they hit the streets. Why not leave those sickies in the general population like the kids are and let them take the same chances to survive?

TONI

Collapse -
They are much more likely to be bothered ...

In reply to: I'm sure the parents of the dead soldiers....

... by Clinton getting a BJ while on the phone with a member of Congress contemplating sending our troops into harm's way. Sheesh Sad

Collapse -
but thats not sex

In reply to: They are much more likely to be bothered ...

you can talk yourself blue these people dont get it

to bad there not on the front lines or on a check point.

wish i had them with me in country, great way to check out for booby traps

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No war goes as planned Josh

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Evie he wouldn't know that or comprehend it

In reply to: (NT) No war goes as planned Josh

Collapse -
I just get a kick out of ...

In reply to: (NT) Evie he wouldn't know that or comprehend it

... all the liberal Monday morning quarterbacks. Pretty much none of the doomsday scenarios their crystal ball readers envisioned have even come close to fruition!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
It took the BBC 6 years to produce

this "evidence" and the American media missed it even though people like dan rather worked full time looking for ANYTHING to bring down Bush? This story will die a quick death like the story last week that the story of how Saddam was captured was faked.

Collapse -
Ranks right up there with the Bush conspiracy to attack

the World Trade Center. I'm sure it's just a matter of time until Mohammad Atta's CIA employment is revealed.

Who do you think shot John Kennedy?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.